2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TOYOTA PART

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil fisher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 20:07    Post subject: TOYOTA PART Reply with quote

hi there i have a landcruiser prado 3,0 ltr d turbo P REG i have just had advisery on stering rack mount bushes for mot however i cant seem to find these bushes anywhere told by dealer it is not separate part need to buy full rack at £1500.00 HELP ANY ADVICE  PLEASE..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here Rack Bushes
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm afraid that this is one of the well known wear out failures of the 95. It seems to be less common on the short wheel base 90 but the lwb will inevitably require replacement. I had a P reg years ago and back then, Toyota were as much help back then as they are today. Milner actually didn't sell the parts back then, you had to send them the rack and they fitted them for you. OK for me as they are 10 mins away. Happily the parts are now available for you to fit. It is not very hard if you are half decent on the tools. No real nasties. It will utterly transform the steering on you truck though - you'll think that you are driving an F1 car. Andy's link is spot on. I actually removed my rack completely to send it away, of course, but from memory, someone on here has managed to change their bushes with the rack still in place. A clever trick if possible. It means that you don't have to mess with all the hydraulic pipes. Mine was an MOT failure, but Toyota would NOT have it and said that it was well within tolerance. The MOT station were very unhappy and contacted VOSA or who ever it was and they were told to pass it as a main again said it was acceptable. I changed it and went back to the MOT place to show them. That made them happy. They're good lads and I trust them to make sure that my vehicels are safe on the road - not just to get a piece of paper so that I can get my road tax!

C
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done the rack and anti-roll bushes on both the wifes 90 and Tommos 95. If you need advice PM me as it is all fresh in my memory.
Did them last weekend.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that was me...if you jack the truck up and have the off side wheel free to turn (as in left to right) you can get enough movement in the rack to change the bushes with out removing the rack. I did do a post on this but cannot find it at the mo. The bushes are from milners and when I showed them to my Toyota dealer they were most impressed and I believe they are now fitting them to other customers cars.

I have to say though when you get your truck MOT'd take it to Mr.T they recognise the soft bushes and will probably pass it where others will not. After all the Mr.T engineers know these trucks inside out and can make a better judgement on what is safe and what is not.

Bigyun
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go I have found it.

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6280&highlight=steering+rack+bushes
neil fisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 20:59    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

[quote="neil fisher"]hi there i have a landcruiser prado 3,0 ltr d turbo P REG i have just had advisery on stering rack mount bushes for mot however i cant seem to find these bushes anywhere told by dealer it is not separate part need to buy full rack at £1500.00 HELP ANY ADVICE  PLEASE..[/quote]

thanx for all replys thnk you
neil fisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 18:25    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THE RESPONCE I RECIVED MUCH APPRICIATED PARTS HAVE NOW BEEN ORDERD WHAT A SAVING.
THANKS NEIL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: