All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Intermittent engine shudder??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the same engine mounts.

And best get that post with your vehicle details (VIN) etc deleted in case some unscrupulous person tries to steal your reg details.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't feel like an engine mount problem to me.

I think its a slightly rough running from the engine during the warmup phase, during cold weather.

I've had the injector volume whecked on mine (all well within the -3 to +3 limit), and the latest software, but it still does it - though with the weather now getting warmer hopefully that'll be the end of it for this year.

I'm wondering if its the EGR a bit gummed up.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I've noticed this on mine... happens quite offten, mostly when stopped at lights or crossing seems to judder right through the cabin... anyone know what it is that is causing it to happen?
Mine's still got 6months warranty so I'm inclined to contact MR T on this one and see what they say.. hope its not anything to do with cylinders dropping... mines just had a complete engine refurb due to engine failure when the previous owner had the LC  Crying or Very sad

regards
Rob
IanW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is booked in to be checked on Monday, I will let you know how I get on.  I will make a point of telling them that other owners are having the same problem.

Ian.
marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's a Euro IV engine.  Does that apply to everyone else getting this too?
marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread on pradopoint...

http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4394
deltafive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you guys are having trouble on 120 diesels, from what you all are saying it happens with low ambient temp not low engine temp. I suggest checking out intake system sensors, icing is a longshot that happens on carburettor engines not injected. Or is it poor quality fuel thickening in cold weather. We have had just this problem with a new common rail engine tractor this year the filters are so fine that UK winter grade diesel is not good enough. Happily my Hilux D4D behaved itself down to -10c, a sensor malfunctioning is the prime culprit but finding an intermittent fault is never easy.
Of course Mr T never accepts that any fault exists, ever.

Dave

LC120 V6 lpg x 2
Hilux D4D MK 6
Hilux MK2
marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read the pradopoint thread, I can't believe all this technology in an engine mount.  Maybe it is the diaphram in the mount which has failed.
marlot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian - Did MrT make a diagnosis when yours went in?  I have two weeks of warranty left so keen to get mine sorted if they know what it is.
IanW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlot wrote:
Ian - Did MrT make a diagnosis when yours went in?  I have two weeks of warranty left so keen to get mine sorted if they know what it is.

It is still with MrT.  I am hoping that I will get it back today. I will update tonight with they tell me, they did say that they were waiting for parts, so I guess they found something.

Ian.
IanW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoken with Mr.T.  they are saying that it is a fault with an injector, hence the low idle and feeling of 'about to stall'.  They have ordered parts and need to schedule car back in again, going to pick it up tonight.  

Hopefully car will be booked in next week for work, I will keep you informed.

Ian.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulty Injector???

Mine have all just - well back in May last year - been replaced when the engine was refurbed.....

Will keep a closer eye on this thread me thinks...

Regards
Rob
toyotamax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:26    Post subject: vibration when cold Reply with quote

I have had this problem on three 120s,d4d 3ltr engines, the engine shudders when in drive or reverse when the engine is not at normal temperature, when warm it's ok,
Does anyone know if I fit new engine mounts do they need to be programmed in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: