NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

glow plug supidity to benefit someone ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 20:58    Post subject: glow plug supidity to benefit someone ? Reply with quote

Hello members,

Not been on for a long time, spending too much time on the P****o list.

When last back in UK I asked Milners for a set of glow plugs for my HZJ80. They hummed and haaared and eventually sent me a set. Said they were difficult to acquire as it was an engine not inported to UK - and they are quite right but that is another story.

Come November I put the set in one day, and next day would it start easily ? Anyway, I went on for a week of bad, very bad, starting. Next weekend I took one out to look at it, and it seemed OK.

Now I confess that it was only at this time did I remember my basic fitter's training and compare old part with new part. Of course, the new plugs were wrong - far too short and they were not getting hit by the injector spray, and I should have had the nouse to check that before I put all 6 in. But there is no fool like an old fool, been doing it so long that I 'know it all', don't I Rolling Eyes

Take a look -

So I have a set of one week used plugs for sale to be posted when I next come back to UK at about Easter.

They are the usual Milner 'blue print' Japanese brand, and the part number is ADT31808.

Any offers ?

Cheers

Jon

1988 Pajero 2.5td in UK
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 20:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lads,

Picture a bit too small, and I forgot to say that the voltage was rated at 11v.

cheers

Jon

1988 Pajero 2.5td in UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: