NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Topgear Australia FJ40 verus new Nissan Patrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Topgear Australia FJ40 verus new Nissan Patrol Reply with quote

Link

Ive heard from Australians that the aussie topgear franchise is dismal compared to UK. I think theyre right.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, strange test i think.
A few lessons needed for the patrol driver too  violent1
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23    Post subject: Re: Topgear Australia FJ40 verus new Nissan Patrol Reply with quote

Sean wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0EPzKDFb8A

Ive heard from Australians that the aussie topgear franchise is dismal compared to UK. I think theyre right.

It was a shocker all right. Rolling Eyes
Clarkson and co are  a hard act to follow,they should have allowed a more local style with the compares allowed to evolve with their humour.
IMO ,it should not have been a UK Top Gear clone at,but something totally different.
The british top gear took years to polish and Clarkson had been doing these tyPes of shows since the 80s and expecting the newcomers to compete with that was dumb.

I think the US version bombed even quicker for the same reason
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
Sean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 14:43    Post subject: Re: Topgear Australia FJ40 verus new Nissan Patrol Reply with quote

roscoFJ73 wrote:

Clarkson and co are  a hard act to follow,they should have allowed a more local style with the compares allowed to evolve with their humour.
IMO ,it should not have been a UK Top Gear clone at,but something totally different.

nearly any charactor from an outback pub would do better. judging by craic ive had and the kilometers of figures of eights ive seen.

I like Roothy off 4WD Action. although i dont think i would trust one of his camp cooking recipes.
Malcolm Douglas
or that nut job Brian Bush the snake man.
rodger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame that neither of them had any idea about off-road driving - braking on descents, not using the engine to control, leaving the cab drain plugs in deep water crossing, etc. As for the guy bottling it with the 40 on the hill - he should come to Lincomb and we'll show him how it's done. Whatever that Nissan goes down the 40 would as well - if he knew what he was doing. I would conceed that the Nissan would out climb the 40 (begrudingly!).

Truest words spoken " these little trucks built Australia"

JC, Hamlet & James obviously stole all their charisma

Rodger,
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Top Gear UK or Australia have been much good with 4wds. The shows are all about laying rubber and making lots of smoke.
Clarkson is so damned biased towards range rover and the aussie guys havent been much further offroad than a picnic area.

4WDs need their own show;)
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

roscoFJ73 wrote:
Neither Top Gear UK or Australia have been much good with 4wds....... aussie guys havent been much further offroad than a picnic area.

4WDs need their own show;)

i agree. seeing how many Fourbie 4s there are out there. Check out "4WD action" on youtube. I like seeing some of the new gadgets they review but take alot of it with a pinch of salt, as they are basically plugging what suppliers give them for free or pay them to say.  ther bush mechanic trials are good viewing and similar to topgear though not as scripted.

[Although Sydney city centre seems to lack 4WDs, it was weird driving into that town in a long traffic jam with everyone in front sitting at bullbar height. I sold my HJ47 to a couple in Sydney. I felt sorry for them when i saw them trying to parellel park it on the street outside their apartment in a space for a ford fiesta/festiva.]
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i agree. seeing how many Fourbie 4s there are out there. Check out "4WD action" on youtube. I like seeing some of the new gadgets they review but take alot of it with a pinch of salt, as they are basically plugging what suppliers give them for free or pay them to say.  ther bush mechanic trials are good viewing and similar to topgear though not as scripted.

[Although Sydney city centre seems to lack 4WDs, it was weird driving into that town in a long traffic jam with everyone in front sitting at bullbar height. I sold my HJ47 to a couple in Sydney. I felt sorry for them when i saw them trying to parellel park it on the street outside their apartment in a space for a ford fiesta/festiva.]

Most of the products they review are pretty good,I own most of them Very Happy
Ive got the Matrax,the Waeco CF 50,the Maxair compressor,the Stein tyre deflators,the Black Widow awning the Opposite Lock sandflag and god knows what else Shocked

I wouldnt take anything bigger than a mini into Sydney central.Im guessing its a taste of what London would be like.
Im going to Sydney soon to pick up a Rocket,Im wondering how that will go Confused
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: