4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Flat Battery!! How do I get in??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Flat Battery!! How do I get in?? Reply with quote

I'm in the Alps and we have had some low temperatures (-23 deg C) I parked my 155 on Saturday and tried to open it tonight Tuesday and it appears that the battery is flat. Pressing the remote has no effect and using the "key" that is in the remote makes a faint clicking from the bonnet area.

The instruction manuals are inside the car, has anybody any ideas please?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure what a 155 is, but can you not use the key in the door lock? My 120 was as flat as a pancake the other day and that's how I gained entry to release the bonnet to get a jumpstart. I was away for 9 days and left one of th einterior lights on. Doh!  Embarassed
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuclear Chicken. Thanks for the reply,
The 155 is the 3 door version of the 150.
I'll try again tomorrow when it is daylight, there is a possibility that I my have knocked the rear interior light on when I was unloading the skis or something. Far too many electronics on this thing! Evil or Very Mad
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'm in now, just required a bit of brute force to turn the key, and yes cause of flat battery was the rear luggage compartment light had been knocked on. What a patetic tool kit they supply with the new 155 Sad
marlot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.  I was just about to suggest somehow jumping 12v to the battery.  Feasible if you have a towbar, but not easy otherwise.
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlot, Good idea, I'll file that one away for the next time I do something foolish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: