All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Confused.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupraZed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Confused.com Reply with quote

Just been quoted £548 on a 1999 LC100 4.2 VX which I'm thinking of buying.

I'm 34, 5yrs NCB and a 56 day ban 2 years ago and the quote includes my mum who has an sp30.  This is based in Bradford, W. Yorks so a pretty good quote in my view.

Free legals, and courtesy car this price was from Admiral, the second best price that came up was sainsbury's at £578, both had an excess of £350.

Best price I could get on a 2001 Shogun 3.2 DI-D LWB was about £610.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a quote from Liverpool Victoria

They were better for me than all Confused.com quotes.
SupraZed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would most likely go with L&V as they are my current insurers anyway.

Due to a pending accident claim wich was settled in my favour they refunded me £708 from my £770 premium in the first week of Jan and this is on a BMW 325 TDS!!  I was absolutely gobsmacked when they told me this.  Very Happy
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from their price, I have always found them to be very helpful and fair.

Their House insurance is good value as well IMO Smile
johndglynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Confused for all my insurance, have tried all the others and is always the cheapest.

Just for reference, I am 40, live in NN11 (out the country a bit) and my trucks are all down as garaged. My wife is a named driver. I'm a sort of financial analyst according to my insurance - it's about the closest thing to what I do.

We have lots of other cars but do use some NCB on these, all fully comp. My '93 4runner 3.0 TD manual valued at £1800 costs £120 with Hastings Essentials, and the '92 LC80 valued at £3500 (low miles) costs £154 with the AA. I could have got the LC cheaper but the windscreen excess was a bit high!
davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Confused... You will be Reply with quote

I have used all of the comparison sites in the past and not one has actually given me the correct price... There always seems to be a slight change when you get to the company's own website.

What I do tend to do is go through the process with the comparison sites then approach the companies direct... I find all their adverts so annoying Evil or Very Mad

Having said that, I ignored them all and ended up with NFU!
Bat21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Re: Confused... You will be Reply with quote

davey b wrote:
..... Having said that, I ignored them all and ended up with NFU!

+1 from me for the NFU.

Not the cheapest but quality of service is second to none... and they cover my truck in Morocco too which not many UK insurers will do.
Goldenwonder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried getting a quote from London Victoria & it came up on their site that due to the high performance nature of the vehicle, vthey're unable to provide me with a quote!?
I'm 27, 7 years NCB, home owner etc. etc.
Standard '95 80 series, what's so high performance about that!?
Looks like I might have to stay with esure
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldenwonder wrote:
I've just tried getting a quote from London Victoria ...

Liverpool Victoria? dontknow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: