NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Only 3 stars from what car :o(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:41    Post subject: Only 3 stars from what car :o( Reply with quote

The LC used to get at least 4 stars - now down to just the three.......

Hmmmm... disappointing

I know the latest 'Toyota Recall' programme (as on tv the other night) has not done it any favours..... but it was given just 3 stars before all this stuff.

I bet LR and VW are rubbing their hands in glee!

Shame - but after the nonsense replies I have had from Miss Toyota - especially the farcical nonsense denying any recall/service bulletin in Ireland for the 120 injection washers and complete denials of any other issues with the 120 it is clear to me that Toyota have no customer service/brand loyalty issues in place - they just want our money and couldn't give a damn when out of warranty.  But I suppose all car manufacturers are the same?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old LC used to just get 3 stars, but was upgraded to 4 later in its life (I assume after lots of positive drivers reports).

Don't forget that Landrover marketing go out of their way to woo whatcar and the other magazines.  Even when the whatcar Freelander2 broke down with a mysterious electrical fault and was off the road for 2-3 weeks, they still raved about it.

I actually quite liked driving the freelander2, but was looking for reliability.  Despite the injector issue (I'll be swapping the washers on mine), I expect it to be much more reliable than my niece's FL2.
deltafive

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that the opposition has improved so much, the Disco 4 with the 3 litre diesel is a world away from the LC150 and D4D and finaly LR have got the reliability and build quality sorted, it took Indian ownership to do that. Mr T has fallen badly behind with the 150, adequate for third world markets not for UK demands. The LC200 is however every bit as good as the Range Rover, the Rav4 is well up to the mark as well, maybe there is a good match for the Disco in the wings but I fear that a "cross over" vehicle is more likely

LC120 V6 lpg x 2
Hilux D4D MK 6
Hilux MK2
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest downside to the 150 is the cack D4D engine. How they couldn't (or why they didn't) improve on that with a new car is beyond me. What they need is a decent V or stright 6 3.0 to match BMW/ VW/ Merc and LR engines. The old D4D, whilst it might be reliable, is still a dog and is light years behind in terms of power and torque.
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell me its the same old engine from the 120 (all be it with proper injector washers)?? ........ Shocked
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. Same *beep* engine. Just slightly increased in power and presumably cleaned up a bit to comply with Euro IV or V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: