Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bank holiday weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Sims

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Bank holiday weekend Reply with quote

Hi All anyone meeting up or doing anything exciting this weekend?

I'm off camping in the brecon area in Wales and doing a bit of laning to try out the new toy..
100" trayback defender challenge vehicle sponsored by Devon 4x4
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the weather turns out to be rubbish then I'll have an excuse to do some laning round north west/mid wales. Might make it as far down as Strata Florida if I'm lucky but I doubt it Confused  

Give me a call on 07909. 552380  if you find yourself any further north than Aberdovey

Jim

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
trooperman

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on call all weekend so can't be more than an hour away from work  Rolling Eyes , went laning to North Wales a few years back , started in Corwen and had a cracking day , Strata Florida is at the top of my must do lanes though
joe lane

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:21    Post subject: re. bank holiday Reply with quote

hi rich,    im going this weekend but havn't decided where, any tips i all so want to get some laneing in, anything considered.
dont mind meeting up either.    later joe
J66P

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to KORC Total Off Road live Friday and Saturday

going in something different though, at least its got Toyota axles

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/J66P/Holymoorside%2020th%2021st%20February%202010/DSC_4046.jpg

VW Amarok BiTdi
joe lane

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 22:05    Post subject: re. bank holiday Reply with quote

no,  thats not a land karuiser is it,    Very Happy  Very Happy
J66P

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

MONSKA Wink
VW Amarok BiTdi
joe lane

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 22:03    Post subject: re. bank holiday Reply with quote

well the bank holiday so far has gone really well spent a day in wales around brecon, neath, cardiff then over to the peak district and a few real proper lanes
only had one problem, the wheel bearings needed a tighten up since fitting new a couple of weeks ago, brakes were a bit vague after a steep desent on an old pebble road. Sad

a tool i missed today was a bloody hammer to knock the cone washers out, a magnet would have been handy also, looking for washers in the grass,  Exclamation
an hour later both sides done and back to laning, and thanks to all the people who bothered to pull up and ask if they could help

im playing with memory map at the moment, running on an old laptop with blue tooth gps, and im really impressed, i have a few overlays saved, might be a good idea for a swop shop

im planning to go again soon, and im looking at france also

the old truck never missed a beat, but got to admit the wine from them 35 creepy crawlers is starting to get on my nerves

later joe

ps got some pics to post soon
aroscow

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good apart from the problems.

If you leave the nuts on the end of the studs the cone washers wont fly all over the place.

Hope all stays well from here on in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: