All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

towing limits

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andybristol

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect to gypsies but how often do they get pulled by plod for towing Hobby Vans, even when not using a transit... you got it never !

javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ozzymondo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:38    Post subject: towing limits Reply with quote

hi all , my swift conqueror 630 is classed as being 7.96m long and 2.29m wide , i presume this includes the a frame without going outside with a tape measure/head torch right now ?so am i legally allowed to tow with my 80 series ?,(not that it's going to make me change my tow vehicle  Wink ), and also if you have a tuned engine with intercooler can you get away with towing at 75 ?  Very Happy , Mark.
HDJ80 4.2td Auto 1993 present car
ozzymondo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:56    Post subject: towing limits Reply with quote

https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/car-towing-weight-and-width-limits

also is this contradictory ?, as it states the maximum trailer length is 7m for a trailer being towed by a vehicle weighing up to 3500 kg , are transits heavier than this ?? , and what is the kerb weight of my 80 please ?, Mark
HDJ80 4.2td Auto 1993 present car
nick j

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
Your van is legal to tow with your 80 series...
moggy 1968

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sought clarification from VOSA recently regarding towing with my hilux, which may be of interest. I am an old fart with an HGV licence so everything I say applies to that so you have to do your own checks on your licence.

The question was, can I tow a trailer, plated at 3.5tons with my hilux which is plated to tow 2.5 tons providing the total towed weight does not exceed 2.5tons. the answer was yes I can. It is the actual weight, not the plated weight that matters.

HOWEVER
with regard to licences it is the max permitted weight. you can't pull a trailer plated to a weight greater than you are legally allowed to tow, even if the actual weight is below what you are allowed to tow by your licence categories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: