4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Salisbury Plain Green Laning 19th March 2006 - Photographs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 22:52    Post subject: Salisbury Plain Green Laning 19th March 2006 - Photographs Reply with quote

Hello All,

And what a great day out was had. Laughing Met up at the Countess services on the A303 in Amesbury with Fred and friend(500SEC) in his 80:lol: , Pete (Miniman) and missus in their Pajero:lol: , and of course me (Moses) and Alyson in our 80:lol: . Sadly had a call late Sat night the Tom999 and his friend in the Navara couldn't make it. Crying or Very sad No small number though, just meant we could do a lot more. Said our goodbyes to the Discovery 3 club (Land rover thingys I think) who just happen to meet up, same time same place. Shocked

Take a look at the photographs....
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2745881

Went directly south from Stonehenge on our first green lane and got onto the A36 through Wilton to Stratford tony where we went through a Ford (No, the water splash version!) Wink at Straford Tony and headed further south onto the A354.
Joined our next green lane, the Ox Drove at Chickengrove Bottom as the first part is very, very narrow and would of removed paintwork.
Following the 'Drove' East, we came off at Monks down and weaved our way through the back roads to reach the steep assent on White Sheet Hill at Long Barrow and onto the Fovant Down run. The Scenery here is something to take your breath Away. 8) Laughing
If we carried on we would of gone through the Salisbury Race Course but decided to come off early and head through Wilton, back up the A36 to Serrington, where we turned up the by-way across Chilford bottom. Going up this lane, we met the Discovery 3 boys coming the other way. Blimey that was tight Wink Laughing Across the A303, we stopped next to Yarnbury Castle for Lunch, A cuppa and a chat and a laugh. Laughing
From Yarnbury Castle we headed onto the by-way Nortwards towards a Play Area, just south of Maddington Down. This part of the day is the time to hone those skills and get those Diff-Locks engaged!! Razz
Onto the B390 for a short distance, and observing there where no Red Flags, we headed North onto the by-way going towards Breach-Hill. No sooner had we got onto the green lane when I heard the distinct rumble of some tanks Laughing There they are!! I do not think Fred could of got his Camera out any Quicker!! Laughing Hang on, there is a Challenger tank heading towards us. Oooerr. Landcruiser vs Challenger Tank. No Contest but I think it is best if we stay put. Then the coment of the day from Pete (Miniman)... ''Go on Trev, you know you've got right of way!!!''... Thanks Pete.
What a fantastic sight though, the Challenger Tank passed across our path about 70yds in front of us. Laughing Laughing Respect Laughing Laughing
After all that excitement and a chat with the Range Warden, we said our goodbyes to Pete (Miniman) who headed West as Fred and I headed East to go round the back of what is known locally as the 'German Village which
has now the addition of 'Little Bagdad' in the North West corner.
Onwards towards Shrewton anto the A360 east towards Stonehenge and the Finish.
It was good to finally meet Fred (500SEC) and his mate and I hope you managed to find a power wash on the way home. Shocked Laughing Hope you
post your photos soon... Wink

All the above routes can be found on the OS Landranger Map 184. Wink

Hopefuly Alyson and I will be out on Salisbury Plain soon, so watch this space... Laughing

Best regards
Trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 22:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

500SEC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trev for arranging this event... we had a great time exploring how muddy a TLC can become. After SE England's draught, I can't wait to revisit the steep hill on the tank range to properly test the diff locks. We located a jetwash in Andover and spent six pounds removing only some of the mud.

Some pics below...

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/2753103

1986 Mercedes 500SEC
1996 TLC 4.2 GS TD
2006 Ford Falcon ute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: