4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LJ71 storage rack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catmower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 21:27    Post subject: LJ71 storage rack Reply with quote

This is my storage rack for my overland trips.

I have room for 6 gomo boxes
Fridge
3no 20l jerry cans
Cooker, 2 burner, slides out with storage boxes
26l of water pumped to tap on door
2no camping gaz bottles
Large kit bag
ETC
all you would need for a trip

It has been designed to bolt to the seat and belt mounts

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

J66P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very purposeful Very Happy
VW Amarok BiTdi
Ronanjordan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sheet.
You can fit some gear into that!!!!! Hope to get around to racking out the back of my wagon over the winter, and get a sliding floor of some sort in .
carlll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidy job! have you got any drawings or measurements? details of what you used? need to do mine and starting from scratch
catmower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the basic design, it has been modified.

The U channel was moved to the left and sat on brackets, this then seats neetly against the window, and will hold 3no 20l jerry cans.

The brakets were made from 1" x 1/8" steel with a strut at 45 degrees made from 1/8" bar, i also used a bit of the 1" steel under the U channel at the mid point and bolted it to the main structure.

The U channel was made from aluminium, when installed it allows you to access the cans from the rear, or if the passenger seat is pulled forward from the front too.

Similar brackets were fitted too the otherside, but i fitted 2no angled sections from font too back, set about 1" lower than the main structure, this the allowed me to fit 2no camping gaz bottles at the rear, and a 25lt water carrier at the front laid length ways, this then can easily be filled by tilting the drivers seat forward.

I didnt bother putting the doors on, and a small design fault, dont put the webs at the front, because the boxes wont go in.

Jim

carlll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent cheers!  thumbleft  thumbright
barbariancruiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 23:04    Post subject: roof rack Reply with quote

love the storage solution, i also got an lj71 , where did u get the roof rack from
catmower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roof rack consists of 3no heavy duty aluminium roof bars they can be bought through APB trading

http://www.apbtrading.co.uk/

I then bolted two lengths of aluminium, 50mx25mm to the roof bars, because of the roof line two off cuts of the aluinium needs to be bolted between the bar and the bracket to bring it in to line.

http://www.aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk/Aluminium/c120/index.html?gclid=CPzBiKGp9aICFYGX2AodtnIomA

The roof tent is then bolted to the rear, i drilled larger holes through bottom skin of the alluminium to allow acces for a socket so the nuts and bolts are hidden.

There is then enough room at the front for a Thule roof tray.

Just a note, if you extend the aluminium box section past the tray, then you can mount roof lights, or light bar.

Probably 1/4 of the cost of an overland quality roof rack, does the same job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: