4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

High Lift Jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bodywork / accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronanjordan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 18:15    Post subject: High Lift Jack Reply with quote

I have been looking at high lift jacks and I am wondering how many of you guys use these??

What kind of way do you lift ur LC with it?? I know there is a lift mate that lifts by the wheel, but if you are taking that wheel off it kind of is pointless.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 18:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

J66P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your gonna use one be careful, I would say only use as a last resort, they can be fantastic in the right situation but can be killers in others
VW Amarok BiTdi
joe lane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 21:49    Post subject: re: high lift jack Reply with quote

hi ronan,

high lift jacks are a good idea, get some one to show you how to use it properly as jeep says they can be nasty
i have carried one every where and never used it and to be honest it stays in the garage now  but sods law says
i will probably need it next time out.

if i had a land rover then i would carry one every where  Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

what part of ireland you from ronan
my parents are mayo

later joe
mettisse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to think about is jacking points, does your vehicle have suitable points to actually use the jack, these jacks in the right situation really are a good bit o' kit. On my off-roader with front and rear heavy duty bumpers and side guards I always go off road with a hi-lift, on my cruiser which I like to overland with I have an inflatable jack which is powered by the exhaust, both jacks are unstable and need careful use. In the final analysis, ask yourself, when did I last wish I had a Hi-lift? (have you ever?) you may save yourself a pound or more. The standard jack on a suitable base when used in off road conditions can be as effective to lift the vehicle enough to change a wheel as any.
'94 Merc 300TD ( retro)😎
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bodywork / accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: