4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Second request to figure stuff out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:05    Post subject: Second request to figure stuff out... Reply with quote

I notice it seems to 'hold' a higher gear much longer than the old model - on its own accord -  (automatically of course) - especially when 'coasting' or going down hill - It surprised me at first (and still does) as the old one never - just shifted up - is this normal?

It also seems much bigger - which it is - except for just over less than 1/2 inch in height on the old model.

But what amazes me most of all is just how much quieter the engine is ..... can barely hear it ... can't believe its the same lump as in the old one .... it certainly doesn't feel, sound or 'perform' like the old version (but I did have the 161bhp jobby - or something similar) - so much more responsive..... just a millisecond of diesel 'lag' - so much quicker off the mark .... brakes a bit harsh compared to the spongey feel of before.

Much, much firmer ride though - feel every bump and rumble - a bit unsettling  - and a bit more like the ride of the old Colorado I had before the LC4 - although I suppose its more of a 'refined' bump and rumble - something to get used to but it certainly doesn't 'glide' - an acknowledgement to its true reason for being I suppose - off road without too many knobs and gears to fiddle with.  There is no separate 'gear' lever.

I could prattle on for ever about this car - but suffice to say 'I Love It' - so much better than the last model...... Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Adam Edwards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dannyson, You dont seem to be getting a lot of replies from the UK. I'm from Australia where these vehciles are very common. To answer your question regarding holding a gear for too long, there is un update for your ECU that rectify's this. It shoudl be a free upgrade from your Toyota dealer. The problem was a lot more prominent here in Australia and was actually causing the transmission overheating light to come on. The transmission was overheating due to torque converter slippage. We regualarly tow heavy loads over highly environments and sand in 30+ degree tempratures. The remapping will transform your LC into a smoother running vehcile and no possibility of the sensor light coming on.

They also have an update for engine knock, although you may have this update already as it came out around July 2010. The tranmission update only came out in September.

In terms of information, join the pradopoint forum here in Australia, you will get heaps on responses quickly to your issues.

Regards Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: