4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

That is what a 55 looks like.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 55 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightyfella

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh thats nice Very Happy
 Not bad condition for its age either
Shame about back barn doors, want flip down one -look much classier you must admit  Very Happy
And address-australia,pick up only  Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mightyfella

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone for pathetic 403 pounds..  Crying or Very sad
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame it was in Aus. £403 was definately a steal but shipping would have been crazy.
spackrackman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone and bought a 55. I have no idea what its going to be like but lands in the UK in march. Could be awesome or a piece of junk.
I shall keep you informed
Jonnie
mightyfella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I honestly envy you  Very Happy  Its look like you the only one we aware of ,owner of iron pig in uk!
Congratulations!!!  Very Happy
Could you tell us details,where,how etc?  Rolling Eyes
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.

500 quid

shipping... exceptable.
Import duty/VAT... fingers crossed.

shame its barn doors

owner got carried away with primer
mightyfella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very decent condition for 500 quid!
Yeh, shame about barn doors but a think with a bit of effort ,it could be swapped.  Very Happy
Would you mind telling us shipping cost?
Havent got a slightest clue what the import duty and VAT whould be
I might then go for ozzy car myself.   Very Happy
terryw3001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been given a fj55 brown and white was told it was a 40. so that is where all my resurch went. to make a long story short the tow truck was way too small.. Its a 1966. don' know much about them so it is going to be a great learning curve. it's been in a garage for 20 years so will blow the dust of it and see if she starts. It has a one peice rear door with a handle to wind the window down from outside????????? see no one likes the double doors? why not? if any one can advise on parts and what to look out for any help would be brill?
mightyfella

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super! They do exist  Very Happy
Could you send us some pictures when you dust it off?  Rolling Eyes
Nothing wrong with barn doors,i'd say they even more practical, its just flip down ones are more original and unique  Very Happy
andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryw3001 wrote:
Just been given a fj55 brown and white was told it was a 40. so that is where all my resurch went. to make a long story short the tow truck was way too small.. Its a 1966. don' know much about them so it is going to be a great learning curve. it's been in a garage for 20 years so will blow the dust of it and see if she starts. It has a one peice rear door with a handle to wind the window down from outside????????? see no one likes the double doors? why not? if any one can advise on parts and what to look out for any help would be brill?

Many years ago I saw a brown and white one parked outside a pub in East Grinstead, went past every day but never saw it again, Lucky sod !!!!
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
terryw3001

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

will deff post pictures but will be next week, changed the oil, plugs and points today as she has been standing 20 years. yes 20 years can verifie by the tin of beer with the expiry date of 1991 havent opend or drunk it though. the old girl has done 40k and still had the original toyota plugs in her. she started and run like a dream even on 20 year vintage petrol. only problem is the rad core turned to dust and leaked bright orange anti freeze everywhere. has any one got any idea where toget a replacement in london? I am a rac patrol and have driven a massive range of vehicles but can safely say that none of them have ever made me smile like that tank of a landcruiser deff have the bug pics to follow
spackrackman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Lucky you, I just had to get mine from OZ! Pics would be great and let me kniow if you need any help! Where in london are you?
Jonnie
bj4079

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 0:32    Post subject: fj55 in London Reply with quote

I owned a FJ55 back in 1985. Hand painted military green. Advertised it for sale for £1500. The phone no that was printed in the advert was wrong. When I called the no. to see if there had been any calls, a very irrate woman told me har phone hadn't stopped ringing since the advert was printed. Shwe did take my phone no to pass on though. An Irishman called and asked about the car. A few days later he flew in to Gatwick and came to see the car. A few minutes after first seeing the car he offered me the asking price and came to pay and collect the car the following day. The car was shipped to Ireland.

Regards
BJ4079
spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to know there are/have been a few around. Did you own it long? Back in 1985 the fuel was not quite as expensive. I need to consider putting a deisel engine in, maybe a little 1.9d
mightyfella

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need to put such a small engine to gain economy
If i buy iron pig, i'd put 2H engine
2H is perfect for a job! 4litre bulletproof no fuss engine and its quite economical too
My friend claims on highway at cruising speed 60mph he does more then 30mpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 55 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: