Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice on switching to synthetic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingmohd84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Advice on switching to synthetic Reply with quote

Hello,

I got a 2002 Land Cruiser, which reached 125,000 km
I am thinking of switching to synthetic oil
Can you give any advice on this?

Synthetic is not always better, I live in a very hot climate(middle east)
I am also not sure what the recommended oil to use in the manual, I think I might lost it

It is very important to me that my vehicle lives a very long life.

thanks for your help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just nicely run in.

You need a drivers h/book, not just for this query but all the other little niggling points you might have.

As long as the synthetic oil you buy complies with the grading listed in the h/book you will be ok.

As to what makes of oil to buy, that I cannot help you with as I do not know what is available in Bahrain.

Roger
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a synthetic oil in my diesel Amazon. It seems fine for the UK. I use it as it is lower viscosity than non-synthetic oil when cold making starting easier in cold weather. In your hot weather, synthetic oil should maintain its viscosity better as well. This is also good for the engine.

The only suggestion is to keep to one type of oil as far as possible. If you change, the engine can develop problems because different oils work in slightly different ways. Some have more detergent in them and this dislodges pockets of dirt inside the engine which then block things.

Other than that, most branded oils should be fine.

You might consider using one of the engine oil cleaners to clean the engine (inside) when you change to synthetic oil. This should give the engine a better start with the new type of oil. I use one called Forte which I think is pretty good but it isn't easy to find.

Willy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: