4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LJ70 Highes Possible Tyre size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 0:04    Post subject: LJ70 Highes Possible Tyre size Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a VX LJ70 1991 with standard wheels and tyres, could some one please tell me what is the biggest (highest) tyres size that I can choose with out having to modify the suspension? Also is there a web link that I could look at some modified LJ70s?
Thanks
Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 0:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i cant tell you what is the biggest size but my dad runs his lj70 on 16" modulars with 255/85/16 bf goodrich muds with no mods at all i thinks this comes up about 33" diameter hope this helps.   joe
generation-x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8 do you call not modifying when u use a 4" angle grinder? if you dont mind cuttin some of ur arches ur be able to fir 35's like me

simon
highway70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1991, JDM SX LJ71, which I assume is similar to an LJ70.

Biggest tyres you can put on the standard 6" wide rims are 245/75 x 16's.

Biggest tyres I've seen on an LJ71 are on non-standard 10" wide rims. Tyres were 30x9.50 x 15's. Only mod needed were flares.

Cheers.
sam355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,
This is what I was looking for Exclamation  Very Happy  Exclamation
Did you just cut 4 inches off the arches and then fitted the 35`s?!! Any problems with handling?!
Please, please and please if you can, email me some pictures of ur Cruiser (sam.zandi@yahoo.co.uk)
I`ll be waiting for your reply mate!
Thanks again,
Sam
Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Farmer_Fred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

or post them, if possible. I'm interested to see it too
fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: