4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bonnet Protector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWoody

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:55    Post subject: Bonnet Protector Reply with quote

Hi all, has anyone on the Forum have fitted a bonnet protector? I can see the reason people fit them but do they work (keeping stones and such like from hitting the bonnet). Let me know before I spend more money on my pride and joy.
I've just bought a Land Cruiser and have had the spare wheel off to clean and inspect the chain (as was mentioned on this Forum) and found my spare wheel was in a state covered in mud, so have come up with an idea, I had lying around a spare cheap PVC wheel cover off my old Shogun that had the same size spare wheel so I've put this on my very clean spare wheel. I've put it on so its facing up and put some small holes in it to let any water that finds it way in to run out. That should I hope keep it clean, I will let you know how it works.

FWoody
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dereck1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the bonnet protector fitted to my 150 and it does seem to work ok with no stone chips or marks so far (70k) it was fitted when i bought her but seems like a good investment. Like the idea on the spare wheel cover , take mine out every 6 months to give it a good clean and chains grease
FWoody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information Dereck1 that's what I needed to know, as the winter approaches the grit that the Council puts on the road seems to be getting BIGGER and can do a lot of damage. As regards to the spare wheel cover I do the same (check it regular) but the spare wheel cover keeps my spare clean and the chain still has clean grease on it. Now I'm looking for a bonnet protector.
Just curious where abouts in Northumberland (nearest Town) do you live cos me and the wife used to live in Wooler a lot of years ago.
Thanks again Dereck1. Stay Safe
FWoody
Dereck1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am located in the tyne valley close to Corbridge , was in Wooler a couple of weeks ago on the bike , there is a great little café in the main street .  I have been trying to upload a pic of my 150 with the protector but no luck so far will try to send it later ok.
regards
Dereck
FWoody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dereck that's a nice area we have been that way many times. We are in Lincolnshire not far from a place called Louth but hope to return back to Northumberland some day.
I've just ordered a bonnet protector just now so hopefully will get it by next week so will let you know how it fits.
Keep Safe   Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: