4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Low power after removing and cleaning ERG on 1HD-FTE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotchy1000?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 17:49    Post subject: Low power after removing and cleaning ERG on 1HD-FTE Reply with quote

I recently removed and cleaned up the EGR on my 1HD-FTE. It was seriously badly coked up. I didn't go so far as doing the manifold as well. That's for another day maybe. In fact i hadn't meant to even clean the EGR, but i needed to change the rocker cover gasket and that's how i discovered the oily mess.
So far so good. All went back together ok.
But now, i have seriously low power on acceleration. It's like the turbo isn't kicking in fully. On kickdown it will surge, but jumps back to slow quickly. Hills are painfully slow.

I did damage one thing very slightly.  I dont know what it's called, but it's a small black plastic cylinder about 2.5cms long front right just by the manifold intake. Could be something to do with the vaccuum set up. Could this be the problem? It was solidly attached, now its a bit lose. Moves about by approx 2 or 3 mm back and forth.

Any help gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lotchy1000?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done a bit of searching......I think the black cylinder is part of the Vacuum Regulating valve if this helps.... Smile
Lotchy1000?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i know, i should have looked harder for the name of this part......but i have now ID'd it. It's the solenoid vacuum valve.
Could this be accounting for the serious lack of power?
andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it probably is, so best to get a replacement part from Toyota or e bay, have a look on e bay for 80breaker, he has most parts for 80's and now does 100 series.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Lotchy1000?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, I'll do that. Should have taken if off at the start. Lesson learned, those EGR bits are heavy and this was an accident waiting to happen.
Lotchy1000?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, finally discovered the problem. There was a tiny rubber hose, part of the EGR set up but really tucked away and difficult to see that had come off. Put it back and wow, what a different all that cleaning has made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: