2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Prado 90 Tyre Question 😁

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul JH

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 18:18    Post subject: Prado 90 Tyre Question 😁 Reply with quote

Hi Guys

The tyres on my Prado 90 are pretty much finished now so I have started looking for new ones but the original size that is fitted to my vehicle seem to be hard to find now.

My motor has the narrow 16 inch 6j steel wheels and 215/80r16 tyres.
I have always used Dunlop 215 tyres as they have a 107s load rating which is correct for the vehicle.
The only new 215 107s tyres that I can find are Chinese made Goodride which are summer tyres,
I don’t go off road with the motor unless I have to but need to use the vehicle 365 days a year so are a bit worried about having summer tyres on the motor in the winter when the snow and ice hits the ground.

Could I fit any of the following alternative size tyres on my narrow steel wheels without hitting or rubbing on anything underneath..

225/75r16.. 235/85r16.. or that good old Landrover size 7.50x16 ?

My Prado does not have the wide wheel arches like most Prado/Colorado so fitting wider wheels and tyres like 265/70r16 is not an option.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Paul.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 18:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

225/75/16 is almost exactly the same size as your originals and 265/70/16 isn't much bigger

I too lack the wheel arch extensions. I previously had 265/75/16 on mine and they didn't protrude if that's what you're concerned about
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure on mine, The most off road I do is towing the caravan onto a field I have really noticed a increase in mpg and road noise compared to more aggressive all terrains from other manufacturers that I have used in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: