4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Adventure-Overland: Transafrica - Panamericana and next?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfy

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did finish the trip description in english - time during corona to complete!
---------------------------

I had lost a lot of time, had to be in 4 days in La Paz where my GF will arrive. And I had to head back - many miles more in front of me.

Had a lot of fun while pushing over dirttracks - having fun has mostly their own cost....

After 4 hours having a lot of fun, with pushing with speed over dirt - something broke: My engine hood get hood hangs crooked.

Later I recognize that that Part is broken:  Toyota Parts 53420-60050 Hood Hinge Assembly

How easy will the replacement be in Bolivia? Hopefully I`m able to follow my plans with tight timeframe....

I got it welded at a small mechanic at the road side - and did drive again with a bit less speed in direction of bolivia.

Blogpost of the day in German with more pictures: [URL='http://adventure-overland.blogspot.com/2015/03/ppp-und-die-panamericana.html']PPP und die Panamericana[/URL]

With doing more harder offroad stuff - and with speeding in dirt my repair bill starts to get more expensive:

These Parts wasnt available in Salta and my german mechanic has listed the repair parts till today - and my GF will try to bring them from Switzerland, if the parts will arrive quick enough.

53420-60050        Hood Hinge Assembly                43,24€

88710-6B580        Tube Assy, Air Conditioner         340,91€

88460-60400        CONDENSER ASSY                 499,15€

That is was can happen - if you have fun during offroad driving.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 15:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: