Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tyre pressure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hambo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 19:14    Post subject: Tyre pressure Reply with quote

Just wondering what you find the best tyre pressure please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 19:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what type of Tyre you are using , if you are using A/T tyres like B/F G k02 I have mine between 40-42 psi cold reading because they are a stiff sidewall tyre , if I was using standard road tyres I would air them at around 34 psi , I think the rated psi in the owners handbook 29 psi is way too low for such a heavy vehicle with modern tyres made  these days   .
Hambo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony Maxxis 760 Bravo H/T 265/65/R17 112S Yes I thought 29psi seemed low
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Tony on upping the pressures. I'm running Cooper Discoverer 265 65 17, and upped them to 34psi, and eventually settled on 32psi. 29psi was far too low, the tyres looked flat, squealed on slow cornering and made the steering heavy, especially at low speeds.
Experiment a bit, and see what suits.
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 was useless on my Goodyear Wranglers.

Upped them to 34 after advice from TractionMan and kept them there - much better.
Hambo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys for that
Juddian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run Yoko GO15 all season AT's, run them at 35ish during the warmer seasons and drop them to 30 during winter.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you buy a Light-Truck (LT) rated tyre, I would suggest you air up to around 40psi and see how you go - you can then fine tune up or down from there.

I run my 265/75R16 LT rated AT tyres at around 40psi (cold) normal running and 42psi (cold) if I'm doing longer (M'way) journeys. I worked my way up to that from around 36psi, in increments of 2psi and did get up to 44psi, which felt was too much.

Really is trial and error and what you're happy with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: