NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Japanese Import 90 Series Prado- U.K. Colorado differences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBG21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 19:48    Post subject: Japanese Import 90 Series Prado- U.K. Colorado differences Reply with quote

Hi everyone, new to the forum but not completely new to Landcruisers, I had a 120 LC5 a few years ago.
Just picked up a nice SWB Japanese import diesel Prado and just wondered if anyone knew how different they are to U.K. cars in terms of parts?, I’m looking at doing a full service soon including the timing belt for piece of mind.
Also I might need to get a new AC compressor as the clutch bearings in mine were noisy but they seem to be ok now after applying some WD40 and letting it soak in.

Would anyone with a U.K. spec Colorado be able to post a pic of their engine bay and aux belt?.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 19:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Aeroelastic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prado vs Colorado:

- Big wind deflectors on 4 windows -Prado, useful when raining with windows down
- chrome side rear mirrors and door handles - Prado
- Intercooler - Prado only
- Climate control panel - Prado only
- Front chrome horizontal grill - Prado only (all Colorado has vertically arranged front grill)
- Fender mirror - Prado only
- nice front Prado chrome brush bar normally comes with 2 7” spot light - Prado only
- rear light clusters on the body not in the bumper - Prado
- Rear diff lock - Colorado only (Prado has LSD)
- front headlight washer - Colorado only
- instrument dial light adjustment- Colorado only
- rear heater/blower - Colorado only
- rear fog light - Colorado only (add your own fog for Prado)
- idle up switch - Colorado only

Having intercooler on the Prado gives about 20more bhp which is quite good, and more torque.
DaveWall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Colorado has and always had the horizontal grill?  Other than that seems very correct Smile
Vagabond

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWall wrote:
My Colorado has and always had the horizontal grill?

From new?
Vagabond

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWall wrote:
My Colorado has and always had the horizontal grill?

From new? Or just since you've had it?
DaveWall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

From New... I know the first owner - Maybe a dealer spec thing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: