2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2002 LWB D-4D Auto Restoration Checklist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_debian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 22:06    Post subject: 2002 LWB D-4D Auto Restoration Checklist? Reply with quote

Hi, all.

I've had my Colorado for about 5 years, now. It's been serviced by Toyota or my local trusted garage, in accordance with the Servicing Schedule. The Colorado has been good to me, and I want to keep it. With this in mind, I'd like to start to restore the tired bits, that won't get picked up on servicing. I'm thinking of things like window trim edges that are looking worn, and probably lots of stuff I haven't thought of

With this in mind, I wondered whether anyone has been here, and put together a list of things to check.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 22:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all I can do to keep mine running well and reliably, never mind restoring! Mine's a donkey not a show pony. Mind you, less charitable observers might note that you can't burnish a non fossilised coprolite. Or words to that effect.

Good luck with the restoration. I'd love to still see some of these fantastic vehicles still looking good in twenty years time.
chris_debian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Dave.

Having had unreliable Land Rovers prior to this, I feel I owe it something.

Chris
diggerdave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I'm sure you already know but all kinds of funny bits (not just the standard service parts or repair parts) are still available through Amayama and it would be my first port of call for trim and other 'cosmetic' items that you might want to renew. There are discontinued items but you might be surprised. I'd say it's well worth sitting down with a parts diagram and seeing what you need then searching by part number in Amayama. Dave
chris_debian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave; I'll have a look. I wasn't aware of the site.

Chris
diggerdave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts diagrams http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/1997/land-cruiser-90/kzj90r-gjmntw/3_781540_003_/tool-engine-fuel
Amayama https://www.amayama.com/en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: