All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front upper and lower suspension arms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richyrooney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 17:04    Post subject: Front upper and lower suspension arms Reply with quote

Doing a front end suspension rebuild and am I better off rebushing and re swiveling the old arms or replacing with new. And if new anyone recommend a brand or supplier, thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 17:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,
Sorry late reply, and cant give you a definitive answer anyway. When I bought my 120  2 years ago, both sides had already been done as per their newness. By that I mean both sides upper and lower wishbones complete. Whether that was the only or easiest option, I dont know.
Although I have seen the bits for sale at various suppliers, maybe if the genuine parts were used this is howvToyota supply them as the complete made part, and would certainly be easier to fit. Cost wise in the difference, I have no idea, sorry.
sheepish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy the bushes seperately. They are "fun" to change on the lower wishbones. Personally I wouldn't fit the cheap, hard (orange) plastic bushes anywhere on my car. Been there, done that. Clonky ride, and I feel they add extra stress elsewhere. Unfortunately the bushes from Toyota are silly money. You'll pay as much for lower wishbone bushes as for a copy replacement wishbone with bushes fitted.

I've used genuine and Roughtrax replacements in the past. Roughtrax are pretty good. I don't think the ball joint gaiters are as hard wearing as genuine, but all in they're about a third the price. But they seem to have been out of stock for a while. The MIlners ones may be OK, but seem suspiciously cheap to me. If you haven't removed the lower wishbones yet, bank on the retaining bolts being seized and needing to replace them when you replace the wishbones. That said I've used Milners top wishbones and they were fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: