NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Very rear seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralpharama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:23    Post subject: Very rear seats Reply with quote

My truck came as a seven seater and I have no need for the seats in the 'boot' so have taken them out and temporarily stashed them in my already overflowing lockup.

They are the usual mid grey leather jobs. Is there a market for these? Would moving them on have a detrimental effect on the car should I veer want to sell it in the future? I would prefer a boot cover to hide my toys, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to attach one and so presumably this is not an option.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 17:54    Post subject: Re: Very rear seats Reply with quote

Ralpharama wrote:
My truck came as a seven seater and I have no need for the seats in the 'boot' so have taken them out and temporarily stashed them in my already overflowing lockup.

They are the usual mid grey leather jobs. Is there a market for these? Would moving them on have a detrimental effect on the car should I veer want to sell it in the future? I would prefer a boot cover to hide my toys, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to attach one and so presumably this is not an option.

You have not said what your vehicle is, but mine came as a seven seater but it did (does) have a load cover
karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the impression that most LC owners have got a set of seats stored in the garage!
Ralpharama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear Karl

Mine is a 120 Smile
karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a cheap Chinese load cover off e bay and it came with brackets to screw in.  The plastic is stronger than you think!

The official Toyota one fits in a similar way I think but is a lot more £££
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the garage or in the loft ! Haha.
I think that the swb had a small lift up one as you get in a hatchback as standard, and only the higher spec lwb120s had the full length cassette one. You could go aftermarket as Karl, or trawl e bay continuously for the real deal, where I got mine complete with fittings, all screws and cargo nets.
They don't come up very often, especially with the fittings you need, there is one on there now, but no fittings £100, useless if fitting from scratch. The holes are probably the reason you can get a used Toyota one but no fittings, - they are left on !
Karl sorted the official fitting template out for me, which requires drilling holes that are then hidden once fittings are on.
As for the seats, as it is part of original spec, future buyers may want the whole package, dependant of load space required or dogs.
If you look on e bay, car trader or any others, that may answer your question, as you will find very few in which they are missing.
Either they are never taken out, or put back in as a selling point.
I took the fold up seats out of my 78 15 years ago and have kept them all that time in the loft covered with large bin bags.
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear seats out of our 120 too, currently residing in the conservatory/wife's gym/sewing room/laundry drying room.

120 has to have one of the biggest boots going with the rear seats out, van size, dogs love it.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for getting yer head down too, with 3rd row out and the 2nd row folded. 😁
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: