Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2005 LC5 Cabin heater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mawdsk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 14:39    Post subject: 2005 LC5 Cabin heater Reply with quote

Hi

Just had an issue crop up with a bit of an air lock. I think I fixed most of it - disconnected the ally pipe from the rubber just over where it goes through the bulkhead. Dropped some water into the cabin rad and held the allly pipe up, fed water into that until it came out of the rubber hose and reconnected. Both hoses are now hot but still have a water woosh sound going from idle to xx revs so it seems there is more air in there. Any ideas on how to shift it please?

Also I don't know if this is connected as this has been faulty for about a year. Drivers side air blows lukewarm to cold when you select either max hot or max cold. Passenger side blows proper hot and cold. Initially I thought the servo on the drivers side but it is altering the temp slightly. I wouldn't have thought something like that would seize up and I would expect a motor to work or die. Wonder if it is possible for half the rad to be blocked? again I don't know if the rad is split by the moulding around it for airflow into driver/passenger or if the same air is split afterwards which would eliminate a blockage?

tyia
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 14:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: