All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC5 Air suspension stuck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 13:43    Post subject: LC5 Air suspension stuck? Reply with quote

I have now owned my shiny, low mileage LC5 for a couple of months and all was well until yesterday. I filled the car with logs to bring home. Quite a lot of logs. Once the car was unloaded I noticed that the rear suspension appears unusually high - As though a self levelling effect has pressurised the system and, having removed the weight the suspension is jacked up rather then reducing the air pressure? I have just driven the car around the block this morning, but it's still high. I have tried selecting Lo, and although the display process (flashing Lo until solid light when height supposedly attained) it appears to have made little difference to the ride height of the car. Is this something I can expect to resolve itself over a few miles - or has something stuck?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 13:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Juddian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember exactly where it is but there's a height sensor underneath which might have got stuck at its highest setting when you loaded up.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the highest setting to the lowest setting is only 60mm , when unloaded the rear is only 30 mm lower than the highest setting , what you should do is take a measurement of the highest part of the top of your rear tyres and the highest part of the rear wheel arch on both sides the difference should be no more than 10mm between both sides ,   its easy for your imagination to worry you thinking some thing is wrong , because the rear of the air spring 120s always look high   .
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a measurement with the engine running in high mode as I said above, then put it in normal mode after a few seconds of it staying in normal mode take  a measurement and see if there is any difference , take the measurements at all times on a level flat surface ,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: