Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Arb roof rack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdonut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 14:16    Post subject: Arb roof rack Reply with quote

Has anybody here fitted one of these , i have roof rails so I'm a bit unclear how it would work or would i have to remove the rails?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 14:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
I can't answer definitively on your series, but In would think yes the rails come off, as there will be more height.
Someone with much more knowledge about it than me will be along, but have you looked at the ARB website to see what they say/show, or the type of fixing brackets supplied  may give you a clue.
jimdonut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i had a look and it looks like the rails come off but the website isn't super helpful.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a quick look on tinternet and youtube, and the ARB and most others require the factory rails to come off, so the same fixing points on the roof can be used. I assume this is to keep the height down and distribute the weight through the original mounts on the roof. As said before though, I'm not familiar with the 100, so can't say yep, I have done this and it works. Sorry Jim. ☺
jimdonut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i think your right , im torn with sticking with bars or putting a rack on what with the extra noise that always there
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Jim,
Always a trade off when something is changed, I suppose. Regarding wind noise, I put oem bars on my standard 120 roof rails, and although they are 'aerodynamic' in their shape and  there is a right and a wrong way to put them on, there is still muted noise, which I quickly got used to. Also the bigger profile in something on the roof there will always be some sort of fuel penalty.
steven.miles3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 14:51    Post subject: Re: Arb roof rack Reply with quote

jimdonut wrote:
Has anybody here fitted one of these , i have roof rails so I'm a bit unclear how it would work or would i have to remove the rails?

Yes there are six bolt holes each side, but only five bolts are used each side, one of the center two holes is not used although the hole is threaded, one very important tip, the bolt holes are not blind, meaning they go through to the headlining, so what ever path you go down with regard to removal, you must reseal the bolts otherwise you'll end up with water stains on you headlining, I used a good quality silicone sealant like Dow Corning, not your 'el cheapo' bathroom sealant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: