All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Loud clunk when selecting between drive and reverse.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 pistol type that I  have when empty I leave the cartridge in and fill like I said coz if you just fill them without the cartridge grease comes out of the bottom of  gun as well as the top tube , I dont bother jacking the car up I just go a few inches back or forwards to line up the grease nipples .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍 Another one using the family silver then Tony ? You with a knife, me a spoon, - Karl got a fork for the set ?
I've got one of they big old buggers somewhere, I used to use on the wagons, with the lever on the side. You need your spinach for them
Agree , the pistol type are far easier to pump and handle to get in tight places, especially with the flexi on.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

😂😂
budgey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reporting back on this: It's a completely shot inner CV joint on the nearside. Looks fine externally, but when I move the driveshaft there is an unreal amount of play.  Surprised
I've just ordered a pair of completely assembled reinforced driveshafts from Pedders.

On the subject of Pedders, has anyone ever fitted their 45-50mm suspension lift kit? My suspension is tired & due for an overhaul, and I'm tempted by the lift kit as it will resolve a slight tyre rub problem i'm having.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for determining the cause mate.
Whereabouts is the rubbing,  what size tyres are you running ?
budgey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tractionman!

I went up on the profile size when I fitted my last set of BFGs to 265/70/17. This was fine, but then I fitted 30mm wheel spacers for purely aesthetic reasons and it caused a slight rub on the front of the inner wheel arch when on full lock. Not a massive issue, but it has reared it's ugly head a few times when off-road.
I figured the lift kit would resolve it, and possibly allow me to go even bigger on the wheel & tyre setup.
Cheers!  Very Happy
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I see now.
I put 30mm spacers on mine, as they came my way for next to nowt, but stuck with the Cooper 265 65 17 all ok.there.
I see why you're going that route if off roading.  😊
budgey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on with the wheel stud length? I bought my spacers from Roughtrax, and had to go back to them for the extended wheel studs as the nuts barely made it on to the threads.
I guess it depends on the spacers mainly, but I think I read somewhere that some 120s have longer studs than others as well.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read/heard that about the stud lengths too mate, and R/T supplying longer ones for a fee, so was aware.
Mine were stamped Raptor, came to me in very good nick for a song, through a mate of a mate, complete with all the studs/bolts.
I used my own original Toyota chrome nuts and they all went together perfectly with no long thread short thread issues.
I was lucky I guess with an unaffected model, and I had the chance to try/use them before buying.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the big spaces between paragraphs, dunno what happened there, it wasnt like that when I typed it !! 😊
karl2000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean when your secretary typed it
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍 I told her to keep her head down and concentrate on what she was doing. 😊
karl2000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: