2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Colorado rear bumper lights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil4108

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 16:58    Post subject: Colorado rear bumper lights. Reply with quote

Hiya apologies in advance as I'm sure this is covered somewhere.I just can't find it.Can anybody tell me how to remove the rear brake/indicator unit from the bumper of my 2002 Colorado ? Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 16:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

locodriver65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:46    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hi,
Its been a few years now since I repaired mine. I started by removing the rear plastic bumper. It is held on with some plastic things along the top and several small bolts on the under side.

Once you have the bumper off you should see the light units at each end inside. They have a metal frame to support them and hold them in place. This metal frame will be rusted away.

I think Milners have these in stock, Thats where I got mine from anyway.

Before I replaced the bumper I made two aluminium boxes to protect the light units. This stops all the mud etc getting into the light units and stopping them from working.

Hope this helps

Paul
Phil4108

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Paul .I'll have a look over the weekend .
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip Paul. When I replaced  them on 120, I just drilled holes in the bottom to let the water out, better not to let it in in the first place.
Phil4108

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tractionman wrote:
Good tip Paul. When I replaced  them on 120, I just drilled holes in the bottom to let the water out, better not to let it in in the first place.

Another good idea .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: