NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

track rod end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wooly0000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 19:49    Post subject: track rod end Reply with quote

Took the LC into my local garage for a seized brake calliper and disc's whilst it was in they fond badly worn track rod end and sorted the calliper out, i honestly didn't realise how sloppy the steering had become, with the brakes back to normal and the steering working well I'm ready to take the boy racers on...........
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 19:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good result all round Wooly.
Yep, they do go well, don't they ?
wooly0000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly TM the handling is brilliant and the brakes are tip top, i had been thought of getting some advice on beefing the brakes up but i will leave it for the moment, just need to get some new transponders in case the old ones pack up  Shocked
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you have the caliper and track rod end sorted, I would expect there to be a marked improvement as you have found mate.
Seized piston in the calipers, (usually the bottom ones) can be a pain.
I recently found how brilliant the braking system is on the 120. Mustard !!
Transponders, - do you mean the abs wheel sensors ? Karl on here bought some for stock a while ago, if he sees this, he can probably tell you where and what price.
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply TM I'm looking for the ones in the key, i want to change the keys to a folding type and put new transponders in? mine are 18 years old and I'm worried in case they fail, not sure were its best to get them  Confused
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, I'm with you now. My mistake, as we were on track rods and brakes..... 🤔

The only folding ones I've seen for a 120 are from Oz, around £70, the actual key part is blank that you need to have cut to your existing key and the chip inside the folding part programmed. As they are a different size/shape, you cannot use your existing Denso chip to swap.
karl2000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious why do you want to change to a folding key?

Why are you worried about the transponders failing - is it a common problem?

When the keys stop working its usually just the batteries.  The key cases do physically crack / snap though, due to rubbish Toyota design - I think a lot of the (older) Toyota/Lexus keys are the same!

If I was you I'd just buy a spare key, get it sorted and not worry about it!
Juddian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our keys was cracking up so bought a rectangle case with blank flip out key from the 'bay but don't ask me which seller, had it cut using the old key blade for pattern at the locksmith and the plipper unit dropped in nicely.

It now been in use over 4 years and is a solid as the day we first used it, a bonus being no sharp key digging in your groin.
Remember when looking that there are several blank key styles, slightly varying lengths and widths, you'll need the right blank.
As i recall it was under a tenner.
Juddian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

e bay 163300753787 is the style we have.
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Juddian really appreciate the advice, Hi Karl the key fob is getting old and I'm not sure how long it will keep working, just want to play safe, the folding type is just a little easier in your pocket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: