Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Auto Gearbox.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locodriver65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 17:22    Post subject: Auto Gearbox. Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

How many forward gears are in the 1997 colorado Auto Gearbox?

I should know this having owned mine for about 13 years..

Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 17:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three plus overdrive, so effectively four. You can stop it going into overdrive (which usually happens just over 40mph) by pressing the button on the side of the gear selector (a light illuminates on the dash saying o/d off)
locodriver65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 19:59    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks. I always leave the overdrive on.(so 4 gears) I sometimes operate the switch to keep it working.

Paul
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

As overdrive can be used on all 3, in essence its doubled isnt it ? Yes, you still only have 3 in the box, but overdrive alters the rev band and pulling power similar to having more gears ????  This does not take fuel consumption into consideration of course.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure but I thought that overdrive was disabled in gears 1 & 2 and active only in 3. So effectively giving you 4 (3 plus OD) forward gears - the rev drops/shifts match this as you can feel them as you accelerate.

Otherwise you would have 6 forward gears and revs drops/shifts at each of those - which you don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: