NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fitting EGR plate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony did say we can go over and he will do the jobs. 🤔🙄
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha we would learn a LOT too!
Smile
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity non of you live here in Cyprus as you would be more than welcome to bring your cars round , truth be told I dont know anymore than any other members here  like Karl or Tracktionman or Juddian who just like me always work on their own cars , I find the 120s a pleasure and easy to work on because they were designed to be worked on like cars made in the 70s and 80s , my 120 is my first 4x4 all my other cars I had before apart from the ones made in the 70s 80s and early 90s and my kids cars were pigs to work on , especially german cars like my kids got with BMWs been the worst as lots of parts are plastic and with the heat become brittle and break when you try to undo them and Audi always being weak and failing , but even on my 120 for me sometimes little simple jobs can take a lot of time and need a lot of effort , like a couple of months ago I changed the SCV to a long one that I had bought a couple of years ago and it took me one and a half hours to fit something that was just 2 allen bolts and connector and a fuel pipe , coz fitting the new long one was a pig due to the gasket coming off and stuck to the old scv so it would not stay put when I stuck it to the injection pump with clear silicone grease and the O ring on the spacer that faces the injection pump kept moving out of place when tightening up the bolts , I also had to remove both  bash plates to retrieve the gasket in one of them and a allen bolt in the other , so I had to use both locating pins to keep the gasket in place after fitting the scv twice and testing for leaks by pumping the fuel filter primer on both occasions the Oring on the gasket side had moved out of place do to my big hands and thick fingers nudging the scv when doing up the bottom bolt , just before I was  going to ask my wife to do up the bottom bolt  I tried super gluing the Oring to  the spacer and it worked a treat had I done that in the beginning the job would have taken half and hour and 90 mins , but electric connectors can be a pig to undo the worse one I encountered  was the one on the common rail when fitting a egr blanking plate  it took me nearly one hour to undo it cos I could not see the end bit that you push down to release it , but its always a good feeling when the job is done in the end 😃
Ibex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl2000 wrote:
Tony keeps giving us a list of jobs, now he needs to send the weather so we can have a crack at them!!! Smile

Couldn't agree more - I was doing mine on my drive way in between wintry showers and occasionally wondering if the bonnet was going to blow away! Well worth it though.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibex, you're bloody keen mate, I've been putting off jobs because of the weather. Good on yer!!

Tony, as per Karl, whatever we know, we can always learn.
Couldnt agree more about the small jobs taking forever, and those locking tabs on various electrical items, 🙄😤
Maybe we take too long because we take too much care,, and not plough straight in with no thinking, thereby creating more work !
I intended to fit my new scv the other day, which turned into a trial run of a few hours over several days. I couldn't get my short fat fingers square on to that tab, which is not easily accessable, and could not release it. After encouragement from Karl and pics with everything out of the way, I eventually 'unlocked' it and it slid apart easily. At that stage I'd had enough and the weather deteriorated, so I  re connected it to be done at a later date. Hmmm.... At least with Karl's input I have a better understanding of angles and push factors with it now!
Maybe your Mrs could help me ??😀
Karl and I can identify with items dropping on the bash plates, even Fourby4diesels managed it ! 😂
A very good tip with super glue for that o ring Tony, but it has to be central 1st time ?
I've never understood why the recess on the scv is bigger than the  o ring on the pump end, so you have to align/centralised it. Maybe Stevie Wonder is the lathe operator !
Anyway, we are getting up a convoy, see you soon. 🤣😂🤣😂
karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Wonder hahaha

Anyone do clear bash plates so we have a chance to find our tools? Smile
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a secret weapon - a telescopic magnet. Only trouble is, it sticks to the bash plates as well !! 😐
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

😂😂😂😂
RobS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 15:20    Post subject: Injector swop Reply with quote

Hi guys just done an injector swop with EGR and manifold clean on my 2006 LC5 (Euro 3). Big thanks to TonyCy11 who helped me every time I got stuck. Car has done 113k miles and still had original injectors but you could see the seals had been replaced to alloy at some point.

I have fitted the 7mm plate as well. One interesting thing - EGR was pretty caked up, so I did the manifold which was not very bad or good - but worst of all was the EGR cooler - almost completely blocked took us ages to clean it out. Maybe when it gets like that it kind of reduces the EGR flow. Didnt have any engine warnings. Maybe if you fitting the plate it doesnt really matter but if not I would certainly recommend cleaning the EGR cooler. Oven cleaner worked well.

Now have everything working, good techstream results, no engine lights, running smoothly but has lost a lot of power - you feel it especially uphill and over-taking. I am worried I have put the vacumn lines on wrong so if anyone has a Euro3 and can assist would be very welcome.

I have loads of pics and instructions I made for myself after hours of watching fourby4diesel and others. Eventually joined his VIP group for £100 ! DM me if anyone interested.
RobS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI again - apologies panic averted. I had the vacumn pipes on the wrong way round on the back of the manifold. If you watch fourby4diesel these are the green for grass and white for sky pipes he refers to - on Euro4 they face down and you can do them from under the car - on Euro 3 they are just under the back of the inter-cooler. Much happier car going like a bomb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: