4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear brake pads frequency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yazkhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:08    Post subject: Rear brake pads frequency Reply with quote

Hi, i have a 2010 Land Cruiser and it seems that the rear brake pads need replacing every 5000 miles, has anyone else had this issue?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:30    Post subject: Re: Rear brake pads frequency Reply with quote

yazkhan wrote:
Hi, i have a 2010 Land Cruiser and it seems that the rear brake pads need replacing every 5000 miles, has anyone else had this issue?

I suppose this means you have a problem as rear pads should last for ages, as the rears don't do a lot, when you say they need replacing, is it both sides and also is it that both
pads wear evenly ?

But what I would do is check the calliper is working ok and not seized
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem on my 2009 lc120 , twice the rear pads only lasted 7k miles and then 5k miles , I checked the front pads that had very little wear and found the front calipers were partly seized and would only work properly when full force to the break peddle was applied  hence why it passed 2 mots , when light or normal break force to the peddle  the rear breaks took most of the breaking force to slow down or stop the car , I changed both front calipers nearly 20k miles ago and fitted new pads front and rear and the back pads still look like new with just 1mm of wear on the rear and 2mm of wear on the fronts , the car stops a lot sooner on light to normal load on the brake peddle ,
yazkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the front calipers changed as they got damaged.  its since changing them i have had to have the brake pads changed.  Weird thing is, i bought the car 2 years ago and didn't have a problem.   The first time i had to have the rears brake pads changed was almost 16 months later.  In and around that time, the front caliper got damaged and i had them changed and then 2 months later, the rear pads were worn again!  These will be my 3rd set of rear pads in the last year!
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is telling me that the front brakes are not doing their job and that the rear brakes are doing almost all the work ,  unless the wear on the rear brakes was  mostly done  before you changed the front calipers .
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless your rear calipers pins or pistons are sticking causing the rear pads sticking to the disk longer than they should when you release the brake peddle .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: