All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Free Wheeling Hubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruiser67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 18:29    Post subject: Free Wheeling Hubs Reply with quote

Hello forumers

I was wondering whether anyone out there knows of whether there are Free Wheeling Hubs for the Land Cruiser Prado J120?  We are all trying to reduce our fuel consumption and obviously with this model its AWD hence the reason for the Free Wheeling Hubs.

Regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 18:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Juddian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't stop drive going to the front wheels though with a 120 as far as i'm aware, and i'm none too sure if the vehicle would drive at all without the centre diff being locked if you did fit free wheeling hubs.

Used to be lockable front hubs on the 70 series because that was, like Hilux, a RWD design where you had to lock the centre diff in order to provide drive to the front prop, i think all LC's since 70 have been full time 4WD with the centre diff being optionally lockable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: