Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Turbo gone - how to know engine is ok?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at mine and the two vacume pipes next to each other one goes to the diafram and the other goes to a solonoyed that controls when and by how much vacume is allowed to the diafram to when and when not open the egr plunger and by how much . The vacume pipe that goes to the map filter next to the those two is constant and uninterrupted so that the map sensor gets constant information to control turbo boost .however if you remove the diafram and replace it with a household 13 amp fuse its a tight fit but it will stop the egr plunger from opening so in a way deleting the egr valve , I did that to mine in the first week I got my 120 , but being a late 2009 car every 100 miles or so I got a engine light which gave a p0400 code and traction control , stability control lights warning light up but no limp mode, I just used to turn it off with a scanner . Then I got a plug in module that deletes the egr from the ECU and blanked off the egr cooler at the engine , so no more egr operation or engine light with p0400 .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tractionman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍Good, clear instructions on that delete with pics Tony, - I believe on here and deffo other site, if Mr Cruiser does a search he will see what you mean and involved. 👍
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had other car work on yesterday evening so only got back to removing the intake manifold / fuel pipes this evening.
Here's pics; what's the verdict?  Confused

To clean the carbon from the engine ports should I by right turn it to TDC and then to 180 degrees to close the ports. Which way does the engine rotate again, clockwise or anti?

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a lot of carbon build up there due to all that oil blowing through and pushing all the carbon buildup from the egr valve and elbow into the manifold and engine ports . Yes turn it to TDC then 180 as you clean the closed ports , the engine turns clockwise .
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the pic below, is that the timing mark for the fuel pump, the tiny little triangle cut-out on the pulley and the arrow on the casting behind it? It's hard to see, I only noticed the cut out on the pulley when I looked at the photo on my fone when I went to post it here, I couldn't find it when looking at the actual engine.

The cam mark is the little notch in the pulley and the arrow on the block at the 12 o clock position, yeah?

I have the cam aligned when I took this pic, does the fuel timing mark look a tad out? I'll have a better look when I go back to the engine tomorrow.

Silly question, but when I set it to TDC, which two intake ports are closed that I can clean? As I look directly in at the intake side of the engine and we assume cyl 1 - 4 is from left to right which two will be closed?

And then if I rotate 180 degrees which other 2 are closed then?

And when I look into the closed ports, what should I see or not see that will also indicate to me I definitely have them closed? Eg: If I see the valves does that mean they're closed?

MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't edit. I forgot to ask:
The pulley tab, they're are actually 2 of them, I only circled one in the green box in my pic, what are these 2 tabs for?
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The timing mark on the fuel pump can look slightly out when photo with a phone is taken at an angle . Don't remember which valve is open and closed but you could check by looking it up on fourby 4dirsel in his search engine by typing tdc or try google  , if you see the valve try blowing through a straw if you feel the air  instantly blows back out its closed if it blows through its open .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: