4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

bouncing toyotas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave rtw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36    Post subject: bouncing toyotas Reply with quote

i know a lot of the problems with the ahc has been covered here but my problem seems to be different.
when i go over a bump, even a small one , the rear of the car continues bouncing as if there is nothing damping it and sometimes when i come to a standstill the rear of the car lifts.the dash indicates normal, and does move into high or low on demand.the car has now done 169 k and it according to the history with the car it has done this before at 138k.toyota fitted a front accumalator and 2 height sensors.
toyota told me there was water in the fluid and a fluid change would solve the problem.it hasnt and they are telling me there is still water in the system and it seems they are unsure what to do next
any ideas or info greatly appreciated
dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 16:58    Post subject: Shock Absorber? Reply with quote

My Amazon doesn't have the AHC system but certainly has some big shock absorbers. If these wear out - which sometimes can happen quite suddenly if they start to leak - the symptoms would be as you describe.

With the miles your car has done - and if the AHC equipped cars also have shock absorbers - it would be worth replacing them anyway. If you can run to a set of Bilsteins or Konis you should get a much improved ride and handling compared to the old ones now fitted.

Willy
Dave rtw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,they tell me theyve taken all the parts of the system apart and blown them through,put it back together and that hasnt sorted it and that new rear speres and accumalator will fix it.does this sound realistic?
how much is it to convert to a more traditional set up?
ive got till  30th friday.
oh how i wish id bought a better car to drive round the world.
dave
Nor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the rear spheres are flat.  Out of gas. I suppose it rides like a tractor.

See here. Posts 28 & 32 (at least) - for a simple test of the spheres.

You can convert it. Mechanically it's easy.  (Well, depending on how much of the plumbing you are wiling to leave in)   Don't know about error codes and other impact on all the computers...
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several people on here have swapped to "normal " suspension, other than the suspension issue I would say you have the best car in the world for driving round the world  Very Happy , you can buy normal 100 series sus kits from Old Man Emu , 2 rear coil springs, front torsion bar, 4 shocks . Also I do have 2 standard rear springs and 2 rear shocks and 2 front shocks for a "normal " 100 series, all in perfect condition as they have only done delivery miles, ( they were taken off when the vehicle was armour plated and fitted with uprated suspension due to the extra weight ) If your planning on going on serious long expeditions then personaly I would go with OME kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: