4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

toms farm wales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landtoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 20:07    Post subject: toms farm wales Reply with quote

hi
has anyone been to toms farm near Rhayader in mid-wales ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 17:48    Post subject: Tom's bomb hole Reply with quote

Yep - questions?

LC
landtoy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 20:33    Post subject: toms farm Reply with quote

so what was it  like? and is it worth a day out to toms farm ? and is it still open.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 20:48    Post subject: Tom's bog Reply with quote

I was there a month ago. Best 2 days I have had for years! I would go back in a heartbeat. There is every degree of difficulty from family day out to ARE YOU MENTAL?????

I went with my quad, but didn't take my Cruiser around as I didn't get chance to join a convoy. There were std vehicles there right through to custom built bog gobblers. Mud ranged from light to extra deep. If you had mud terrains and a lift, you would only get so far. Without a winch, there are sections that I would even dream of trying. True there are a lot of bikes and quads whizzing around, but I had no issues. £10 pay on the gate. Snow was coming sideways and the ground was soaking. Perfect. It looks like a cross between Mad Max and the end of the World. But everyone seemed friendly enough. You really need to go with someone who's been before.

Here's me coming up the waterfall. I have watched the vid of a LR and a Suzie coming DOWN this.

landtoy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 21:01    Post subject: toms farm Reply with quote

Looks awsome! I also had a kodiak 450, great fun arn't they, must visit toms farm soon, perhaps the weekend we are at wyside camping, (if any one else is intrested?) just an idea.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 22:11    Post subject: Quad Reply with quote

Yeah, very good. I was there with some of the boyz from kentquads. Really nice, showed me around. They even let me pull them out of the mud with my winch. Ha Ha. The Kodiak (which is actually blue all over by the way) really did well due to the low ratio box  - which the Polaris didn't have. I did get stuck a couple of times and even flipped it over once but in the main, ploughed though everything. Great weekend. Next time, I want a helmet cam.

LC
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to Tom's this weekend (28, 29). I f anyone else is around, let me know and we'll go for a play together. Going to alternate between quad and Cruiser. It is a lot of fun and quite an experience.

LC
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
Going to Tom's this weekend (28, 29). I f anyone else is around, let me know and we'll go for a play together. Going to alternate between quad and Cruiser. It is a lot of fun and quite an experience.

LC

I may have done, as its not to far for me. But fitting the rock sliders and snokle.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest. what way are you heading down?

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I might go A38 Brownhills sort of area, then straight out West from there to the A34? Trying to stick to decent roads, not simply the shortest route as I'm towing the quad and accelerating all that weight gets expensive on country roads.

LC
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should read, A38, M42 to Bromsgrove, and out to the A44 all the way to Rhayader. No idea where A34 crept in from.

Not coming past Oswestry this time.

Have fun with the fitting. Glad to see it's raining nice and hard. The mud should be building nicely.

LC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: