Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mad ramblers!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
100rob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 20:22    Post subject: Mad ramblers!!!! Reply with quote

I took the family out walking and green laning yesterday afternoon, had a great time until we reached the bottom of a steep muddy track in the LC.  

We were confronted by four ramblers, two of which launched a barrage of abuse at me, claiming I had no right of way through.  After proving I had a right of way on the map I was then told it was inappropriate to be driving down there,  they kept blasting me with absurd questions and ignoring each (calmly given) answer.  They told me if I was 'doing this' in the Lake District I would have a rock through my window and that I was absolutly NOT welcome around here, at which point I calmly drove off.

For a while afterwards I felt as if I was in the wrong and briefly questioned the whole concept of 'green laning', but I soon came round to my senses!!!

The fact is I had as much right to be there as they did (byway - open to all traffic as opposed to restricted byway - no motorised vehicles).  

I forgot to mention to them that I actually lived just over the hill and would probably be more welcome than them there as I know alot of the locals!!!

It's people like them that give ramblers a bad name!!  Also, one of the biggest complaints from my many farming friends is of ramblers leaving gates open on footpaths, very few have had a problem with us on the green lanes.

Sorry to go on a bit but it didn't half annoy me!!!!  Rant over!!!!

Rob.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 20:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been really difficult to keep the calm.
Well done !

makes you boil though eh!
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to hold back from running them over when I meet "people" like that. But I always ask them if they always walk down the middle of a road and ask them how they got there?

But like you I always keep my cool.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
landtoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59    Post subject: ramblers Reply with quote

i also have been on the receiving end of a ramblers protest, this mad woman decided to block our convoy of three by slowly walking in the middle of the lane deliberately to hold us up, we finaly came to a turn with a nice big puddle, oops!
100rob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 23:03    Post subject: Re: ramblers Reply with quote

landtoy wrote:
i also have been on the receiving end of a ramblers protest, this mad woman decided to block our convoy of three by slowly walking in the middle of the lane deliberately to hold us up, we finaly came to a turn with a nice big puddle, oops!

How convenient!!! Laughing  Mad  Twisted Evil

Rob
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 20:52    Post subject: rant Reply with quote

just proclame to be the farmer that ownes the land that usealy shuts them up  Wink

if that dont work then drive carefully away around thos muddy puddels Evil or Very Mad

you have only one life, enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: