2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wales Again - The things you find on the Strata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Seven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 17:32    Post subject: Wales Again - The things you find on the Strata Reply with quote

Just got back from a long weekend in Wales (with another group which was fully subscribed...sorry) boy did it rain anyway we came across this pair blocking the ROW.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 17:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way they would have done that there, was to have driven off of the ROW.

I would have throught the water would have been a little to high to drive it this weekend?

But glad you had a good time. A friend was down that way this weekend, he was in a LR double cab.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
24Seven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
A friend was down that way this weekend, he was in a LR double cab.

Paul

Mark?

We were on the Strata on Saturday, we were in Happy Valley today (did it both ways) and yes it rained last night, floods everywhere this morning.

We just found them near the start of Strata, we could not see any reason why they were on their sides. They were in the way we started to move them and their owners turned up and even after they said what happened, we still could not work out it out, as you say if you had been driving normally on the ROW it could not have happened.
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how it happened? What did they say?

If looks like to me that they were on the grass and sliped down?

Paul

Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted on Mud Club,

Quote:

they had to go on the bank to avoid bikers coming in the opposite direction as we came across them yesterday. Wink

Paul

TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, that looks a bit suspect,be nice to know what happened.
I have just got back too,was there with 4x4 ventures.What a night saturday!!We were around Knighton/Rhayader Saturday,then upto happy valley on sunday.First time up there, fantastic.
Be good to catch up with you Paul and 24 on a weekend.Planning anymore??
Cheers,Tony.
24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
This was posted on Mud Club,

Quote:

they had to go on the bank to avoid bikers coming in the opposite direction as we came across them yesterday. Wink

Paul

TonyS wrote:
Hi, that looks a bit suspect,be nice to know what happened.
I have just got back too,was there with 4x4 ventures.What a night saturday!!We were around Knighton/Rhayader Saturday,then upto happy valley on sunday.First time up there, fantastic.
Be good to catch up with you Paul and 24 on a weekend.Planning anymore??
Cheers,Tony.

We could not work out what happened at all, there were know marks on the grass that you could see and to find two trucks on their side was very strange  Question
At the time I never heard any mention of bikes, just one truck fell trying to recover the other one that had fell, maybe we will never know what really happened.

Wow Tony, we must have just missed each other, we were in the Happy Valley from around 09-00 to 11-00.

Saturday Night was amazing for rain, I cannot remember the last time I have seen so much for so long, I don't think it stopped all night, glad I was tucked up in the Landcruiser Very Happy

I'm always keen on trips to Wales, maybe we could have another small group trip in a few months??
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, we passed two cruisers as we left rhayader,12 ish,one swb prado,and an 80,otherwise saw nobody.`We hit Happy valley 3 ish,just brilliant.
The lads i go with ,go every month,i am away nov and dec,but be back in jan for more welsh action.We,ve been out in snow earlier this year ,camping on a hill above knighton, snow was horizontal.We were all stood around a huge fire,passsing a bottle of jd, and mugs of hot mulled wine.Just great.
Cheers.Tony.
24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS wrote:
Hi, we passed two cruisers as we left rhayader,12 ish,one swb prado,and an 80,otherwise saw nobody

That was us I guess, we were there about then, me and Andrew although I was in a blue LWB not a SWB, were you in a group of maybe 6-8 or so with a few very modded offroaders? Andrew was in the 80 who had a mag mount on the bonnet with a red arial, I was behind in the blue 90.
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes that was us, a red 80 at the front,roof tent etc.I was in the 80 with a 4 lightforce spots on the rack,near the back.We had a few landies in there too. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: