4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

hpw do i get the radio out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 19:08    Post subject: hpw do i get the radio out Reply with quote

i have a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado 1997 how do i get the trim from around the radio and the air vents to get the radio out please help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 19:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watcha Del!

I have a same year Prado and I believe they are the same car.

I changed the stereo a while back. The surround simply pulls off. Use a screwdriver with fabric wrapped around it and pull it off from the top. Watch you don't loose metal clips on the male parts of the brackets.

The Gregory's manual is good for these descriptions.

Rgds.,
Ken
delboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks m8 nice to c some one helping out around here Very Happy was starting to think i was all by myself Sad
Tonka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused
just replaced the HUGE jap panasonic radio/tv thing with my own set , looks much better now Laughing Laughing

added bonus , i now have a new cubby hole under the radio Very Happy woohoo Very Happy

cheers

eric 8)
k1elliott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the cubby hole too under my new sounds - can see right into the dash! Gonna try and get an aluminium or black plastic covering plate for it.
k1elliott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tonka, you havin any problems wiv your 97 Prado?
Mine is vibratin like a *beep* and it needs a back exhaust box now.
I also just recently spent time tryin to get the seatbelts to retract all the way.
starting to think it has more miles than on the clock.
Tonka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1 elliott,
hello mate, fingers crossed not had any probs yet but only had it a few weeks, bro in law runs a garage with his dad so next visit gonna get it up in air and give it a thorough going over
looked at loads before we bought this one and i know what you mean about the mileage thing, but the auction papers confirm the mileage (or should that be kilometreage) and from what i can gather, when the japanese take the car out it more often than not is full rather than us brits who spend most of our miles on our own, so the interiors get a harder life! Shocked
got a little vibration on the front at 80+ but i think thats down to the fact that we had the dealer change the wheels and i think hes mixed fronts and rears but nothing a balance shouldn't hopefully sort out Laughing
by the way i got a toyota dash panel from my local dealer that bolts to the radio bracket to fill the gap under din stereo, willfind part no. if its of any use to you cost about £7, try and get some pics up soon

hope this helps
cheers

eric 8)
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine's going into the shop on Saturday. Get the prop shaft, exhaust and slow start looked at. I hate drivin a car that is not perfect.
Thanks for lookin for the part number!
Tonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1elliott,
the part no. for the under radio cubby hole is ;55521-35010, and its listed as "cover,stereo"
hope this is of some use, sorry it took so long Embarassed
and it was £7.50 + vat
cheers

eric 8)
k1elliott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be silly. thanks for the part number!!
Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to attempt to remove the lower dash/ trim/ facia from around the stereo in my 1997 prado. I already have a sony stereo fitted by the dealer for me, so i'm just replacing it with a pioneer unit.

I just wanted to confirm that all i have to do to remove the facia is, well, pull it off - no screws to remove or anything ? Anybody got tips on the best way to approach it ... start at the bottom and work up.. using a plastic tool for leverage rather than a metal screwdriver etc . ..

thanks !
Fishy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: