4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New to forum and looking for a 'crusier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11    Post subject: New to forum and looking for a 'crusier Reply with quote

Hi

Been a rav4 owner in past, and currently running a 1995 Toyota 4runner, so resident on hiluxsurf forum

4runner now getting run-in at 175,000 miles,  but getting pretty rusty on door bottoms and other areas of bodywork, despite treatment and repsrays over the last 5 years to bad areas

So looking for something newer,  interested in a D-4d Colorado or a newer D-4D landcruiser 120,
lots of great information on here, have done a few searches of what to look for,
having done all the maintainence and modifications on the 4runner over the last 5 years, i know the vehicles pretty well.

only seen a couple 120's up here on autotrader, looking for something between 03-06 age and under 100k miles, and automatic
the two on autotrader seem overpriced?  do people go by what car? used price guides?

e.g.
 2005 55 Reg TOYOTA Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D LC4  (trade)
   * 24,000 miles
   * Automatic
   * Blue
   * Diesel
LWB

at £16,995   - seems 1-2k overpriced?

and

2005 55 Reg TOYOTA Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D LC4 (trade)

* 72,000 miles
   * Automatic
   * Blue
   * Diesel
LWB

£13750 - seems better priced? obviously higher mileage that top one

maybe prices will come down when winter ends, still potentially snow up here for another month

look forward to joining in on here
andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eventually got mine from looking at the Toyota on-line search across the franchises / dealers.  Probably paid a tad more than a private sale, but got a genuine Toyota 1-year warranty which has proven invaluable so far!  And the dealers are hurting, so probably open to more negotiation at the moment  Laughing

Have a look at

Toyota Used Car Search

and see if you don't find something good.  All depends on the budget - the first one (blue) you have listed seems expensive - that's close to what I pad for a 55 plate LC5 with less mileage in November ...

And welcome - have fun!
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Andy,

I am not sure I would look to much at the miles.
The over riding factor is service history and general wear and tear.

Wear and tear do not go hand in habd.

As you know, you can find a 50k mile vehicle that looks like it had the *beep* kicked out of it, or you can find a 150k mile vehicle that is still in A1 condition.

Don't be too afraid of looking at high milers.

'vette
4runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for feedback

i will look at high milers,  the 4runner was at 138,000miles when i got it ,  but the salty scottish roads are catching up on it now...
so condition is my main priority

do the Landcruisers get underbody services as standard?   my Subaru Forester has been waxoyled every 2 years as part of maintaining the bodywork warranty and this has made a huge difference in reducing rot
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy.

UK models will be protected from new, imports not. So another one of the Surf / Runner owners moving over to the Land Cruiser. I'm 'Lucky' on the hiluxsurf forum, don't regret buying my 80 series even 4 years down the line and nearly 100k miles further on from when I bought it.
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LC4 - reg. Oct 2003 has around 47,000 miles on the clock and a lot of 'surface' rusting underneath..... Crying or Very sad .... bought from new at my local Toyota dealer .... clearly not an import .... but i can't see any evidence of 'proper underseal' ... a bit like my wifes Corrola - no thick gungy stuff protecting the underbody.... Rolling Eyes
4runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi andy/lucky -  yes i saw your username on here, and i remember you on the hiluxsurf forum and when you got your cruiser!
decided against an 80 series myself, as want to improve fuel usage a bit!, although i have been tempted by a 4.2 straight six!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: