4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC5 Sat-Nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evansw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:23    Post subject: LC5 Sat-Nav Reply with quote

I am taking delivery of a 56 plate LC5 next week and have a stupid question to ask, please excuse my ignorance as a new owner of landcruiser.

I noticed on the dealers info about the car that its says it is a dvd based sat-nav system.  Does this mean you can watch DVD films on it, or is that not possible?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Not a stupid queston at all.

I am sure it is called that because the maps are all stored on the dvd, in a dvd reader in the LC5.

If you take the dvd disc out of the reader, then the mapping will not work.

'vette
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no, you can't watch DVDs on it - I think.  Not tried it yet - we have the ICE system in the headrests and centre console.

Enjoy the vehicle!

Cheers

Gary
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for 'dodgy' bits I have had trouble with, with my LC4 .... sun roof, water pump, air conditioining and no 'pucker' underseal!  Crying or Very sad  ... and I'm sure theres more ... but I am having a senior moment!
evansw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tempted to get headrests with dvd built in, but I am concerned they wont look as good or be a different colour to the leather in the car.  

Is anyone able to recommend where to buy these from so it matches with the cars trim?
Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

evansw wrote:
I am tempted to get headrests with dvd built in, but I am concerned they wont look as good or be a different colour to the leather in the car.  

Is anyone able to recommend where to buy these from so it matches with the cars trim?

You might find this link useful

DVD and monitors etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: