All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Not yet... But soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54    Post subject: Not yet... But soon! Reply with quote

Not mine yet.... maybe soon.

Looking at shipping this up from the bottom of the country. Just awaiting mechanical inspection, more photographs, mechanical warranty coverage checks, security interest checks - all that jazz.

Currently driving a '99 Isuzu Plaisir Bighorn (freshly imported Japanese Trooper), automatic gearbox blew up four weeks ago, got it back two weeks ago - isn't the same.

Finally found a 5 speed 70 series Landcruiser with a 3.5 litre engine!!!  Very Happy

Mike.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. Is that the 1PZ engine?
gilghana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great - PZJ77? with factory PTO winch?

Nice Cool
mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky wrote:
Looks nice. Is that the 1PZ engine?

Sure is mate! With a 5 speed gearbox too. Not sure how common the manual tranny is overseas, but here as soon as you mention gears, most peoples' jaws drop!  Shocked

gilghana wrote:
Looks great - PZJ77? with factory PTO winch?

I'd say you're right there mate. Yes it's a factory winch which I doubt has seen much use.

By comparison to the 1KZ-TE engine, would this one have more grunt or? If not I'll need to look at getting it..... tweaked  Wink

Gighana - must say your truck is a superb looker! Spent a long time last night reading through your forum thread about the mighty Troopy! Good work mate.  Very Happy

Edit:
Just spoke to the car yard, instead of getting a mechanical inspection, they sold it to some chap - lucky fella!
Would rather have lost this one than have been landed with a nightmare through not having a proper mechanical inspection.
Back to the drawing board - will keep my eyes pealed for another beauty - but won't much about next time!  Wink

Mike.
gilghana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mbw13!

Sadly gone as you say, however if you can get one I would rather go for the HZJ77 rather than a PZ...  simply because the engine is so much more popular.  Of course the extra cylinder and capacity is good too  Wink  

I guess in NZ you have fairly easy access to Jap imports?  If so I would go for an HZJ 'anything' !!!
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilghana wrote:
Thanks mbw13!

Sadly gone as you say, however if you can get one I would rather go for the HZJ77 rather than a PZ...  simply because the engine is so much more popular.  Of course the extra cylinder and capacity is good too  Wink  

I guess in NZ you have fairly easy access to Jap imports?  If so I would go for an HZJ 'anything' !!!

To be honest yes I'd much rather an HZ engine over the P anyday. Very Happy Have heard of a few turbo modifications which deliver fantastic power upgrades!

Here in New Zealand Japanese imports are the norm. Problem is, since a new emissions law was created in 2007, any pre 2001 diesel cannot be imported into New Zealand  Twisted Evil  There is something else within the law about being common-rail diesel.

I was looking abroad for a time trying to find an HZJ77 ZX 5 door wagon. Found one, nearly got it, but the import law beat me too it.  Crying or Very sad  Hoping that somebody else in NZ got one!  I'm even exploring the possibility of importing one without an engine, and simply throwing an HZ into it.  Very Happy

Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: