All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trip Computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick h

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 23:14    Post subject: Trip Computer Reply with quote

Does the 2007 LC4 D4D have a trip computer? The hand book refers to one but the dealers say not fitted.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 23:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't.

But if it really matters to you there is one you can plug into the diagnostics socket.

http://www.scangauge.com/
nick h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the info. It is not really important but I did need to know if it should be fitted so that I could sort it out under warranty if necessary.  Also I did not want to have something fitted that I didn't know how to use.
Cheers
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find this the most amazing thing to leave out - all the fittings are there, all the information is there, and to not fit it to the existing touch-screen info centre is just weird, I think.

But that's me.  The LC3 has a really neat unit that runs in the same display as the clock - why that wasn't kept I dunno.....  Typical Toyota - with so many variations of base model.  Might try and find one from a LC3 from a breakers and try and retrofit just that part  Smile
Crispin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
I still find this the most amazing thing to leave out - all the fittings are there, all the information is there, and to not fit it to the existing touch-screen info centre is just weird, I think.

But that's me.  The LC3 has a really neat unit that runs in the same display as the clock - why that wasn't kept I dunno.....  Typical Toyota - with so many variations of base model.  Might try and find one from a LC3 from a breakers and try and retrofit just that part  Smile

Gary - are you talking about the compass / trip / fuel display in the centre dash? I see in the handbook there is an option for that but no detail on it. I assumed it was an Aus option though you say it's on the LC3. I want one for my car. I would like to rip out the top clock / temp display and replace with the upgraded one which has fuel consumption / compass / etc. Don't know what it's called though.

Not trying to hijack the thread, been watching for a while. I too would like a few "basic" toys and info shown. (Enter carputer?)
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - actually it's not the 'uprated' one I want - it's the 'downgrade' I want  Confused  The LC4 & 5 have the supposed 'uprated' centre console that doesn't include the on-board trip computer.  I spent AGES looking for it  Embarassed

And I'm still working on my carputer design, but I don't want to go so far as to integrate it into the vehicle electronics bar the amplifier under the front pax seat to play my iTunes lists.  Will need to spend some time with Jon Wildsmith reasonably soon to work this one out - but still waiting for LC to design / build my packing system  Twisted Evil  Laughing
Crispin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure how it's downrated - it has more than my LC4.... Off to http://www.breakeryard.com/ to find one.
Thanks for the tip
gary.nichols

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlot wrote:
No it doesn't.

But if it really matters to you there is one you can plug into the diagnostics socket.

http://www.scangauge.com/
[sub]

I've bought the scangauge ll for my 2003 LC4. I cannot get it to connect to my vehicle, yet it works perfect on my wifes Mazda.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was an LC3 and it didn't have trip computer. Couldn't believe it. My Mum has a W reg Corolla auto and it HAS one. Huh? £30k and you have to work out mpg on a McDonalds wrapper. It's a bit cheap.

LC
Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
Huh? £30k and you have to work out mpg on a McDonalds wrapper. It's a bit cheap.
LC

HA HA. It's true though. Annoying!

My mom once bought a car in SA. Ford Tracer. The model up from hers had a boot light, cig lighter light, ignition ring light and ashtray light. hers did not. The wiring loom was there, the fittings were there. I bought R5 worth of bulbs (±40p) plugged them in. Simple. Cheap skate money saving.
gilghana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the hardships you 120 boys have to go through  Laughing What next - not enough cup holders, seats a bit hard???   Rolling Eyes Macdonalds wrappers at least will stop your brains from seizing up from watching your DVD/Digital Telly built into the vanity mirror.
Gil
(still reeling from Gary Stockton's sinking container comments  Wink )
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil, now that you mention it, the 120 actually IS a bit short on cup holders and coin trays for that matter. Great holder in the rear arm rest for the ankle-biters in the back, but up front, not good. Yes, well spotted.

LC
Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilghana wrote:
Eh, the hardships you 120 boys have to go through  Laughing What next - not enough cup holders, seats a bit hard???   Rolling Eyes Macdonalds wrappers at least will stop your brains from seizing up from watching your DVD/Digital Telly built into the vanity mirror.
Gil
(still reeling from Gary Stockton's sinking container comments  Wink )

Seeing as you being nasty to us "120 boys", does this make you cringe?   Laughing  Laughing
[img]http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/shipment.jpg?w=500[/img]

I like my non essential toys... Rolling Eyes
gilghana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - the two of you have me cringing!   Shocked

Joking apart, from reading IH8MUD and yank 80 series owners loving their scangauges I would have thought they would work with a 120!!!  Actually I would never sneer at a few "non-essentials" (would love a few in mine!) - bl**dy intermitent wiper would do for starters, rear wash/wipe, decent stereo, etc etc.   Laughing
Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

An intermittent wiper is easily added on!
When there is light rain, move your hand to the wiper stalk and turn it on. Turn it off again. Frequency should be inversely proportional to visibility.  Laughing

Has anyone with a 120 tried a scangauge?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: