Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Physcobob

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:25    Post subject: Fuel Problem Reply with quote

Hi, I think I have a fuel problem with my 1984 4.0 diesel. while driving you can feel her experiencing sudden loss of power and then she willpick up again. I suspect fuel starvation as I know that sediment has got into the tank. Does anyone have any info in the procedure to change the fuel filter. Also I want to fit an exhaust system that will come up to the roof so I can go through deep water, know anyone that does these type of kits? Thanks for your help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lclascaris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is sediment in the tank I would remove the tank & clean it with fresh diesel & replace the fuel filter then bleed the system with fresh diesel. Not a great job i'm afraid Sad

If you want to go deep water wading in my experience you will need a raised air intake(Safari Snorkels make them for HJ60's) & they are very well made but they are a bit pricey. You don't need to put an extension on your exhaust, just keep your foot on the throttle when wading & the exhaust fumes will keep out the water. I have been wading loads of times & have never got water up the exhaust. Also if you put a raised exhaust on you will have to have a protective guard around it to be legal I think, as I used to work for a firm that did this modification on airport Land Rovers & they had to have this guard to avoid people touching a red hot exhaust pipe. Hope this helps Regards Lewis.
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 18:47    Post subject: Re: Fuel Problem Reply with quote

Physcobob wrote:
Hi, I think I have a fuel problem with my 1984 4.0 diesel. while driving you can feel her experiencing sudden loss of power and then she willpick up again. I suspect fuel starvation as I know that sediment has got into the tank. Does anyone have any info in the procedure to change the fuel filter. Also I want to fit an exhaust system that will come up to the roof so I can go through deep water, know anyone that does these type of kits? Thanks for your help.

You don't really need a raised exhaust, you might get water up the exhaust on a Diesel if the engine dies in the middle of a deep puddle. What you do need though is a snorkle for the air intake. You could try a number of places for one of these, Safari is the make best known - made by ARB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: