Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Green Laners "Code of Conduct"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Green Laners "Code of Conduct" Reply with quote

Simon, can you make this one a sticky please mate?

I see on lots of forums that people won't post locations of green lanes for fear some hoon with no conscience will read it and decide to go tear said Green Lane up in an effort to get stuck, as a way to test out his latest modification.

I know the vast majority of members on here wouldn't dream of destroying part of our countryside, but the fact remains that lanes are constantly being closed off to 4x4s and often other users too because some **se(s) have made it impassable without causing further damage.

Of course, this isn't the only reason lanes get closed, but I wanted to put a link up to the Green Lane Drivers Code of Conduct, so that everyone who doesn't already know it can take a look and adjust thier driving accordingly. I hope it would help to improve everyones experiance of the countryside.

Check it out:
Code of Conduct

Thanks, Jim Cool

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, and I second that. Lets have it as a sticky and then we can all play from the same song book. There are far too many people out there that disregard the rights of others and spoil the countryside for those of us that don't just see it as somewhere that can be chewed up but take note of its beauty and all that it offers.

Bigyun
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big problem with that for you Jim, you have alreadey broken the code!! The GLASS one limits you to groups of 4 of less. CRAG have not set a limit, just to use common sense.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Paul well pointed out Embarassed

I was getting a little anxious when I put the invite out and so many people started replying, any more than I had and I would have had to set up a second group I think, but in my opinion 6 vehicles wasn't over the top considering how busy the lanes were on the day (we saw one other group, again of six vehicles, and that wasn't even on a greenlane). I agree that a bucket of common sense is always a useful thing.

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the LARA leaflet, as found through the CRAG website, very informative:

http://www.crag-uk.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=7&Itemid=26

Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo4x4 wrote:
I like the LARA leaflet, as found through the CRAG website, very informative:

http://www.crag-uk.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=7&Itemid=26

See now your looking in the right places Wink

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: