Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Alarm problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Alarm problem Reply with quote

Normaly when i press the button on the key fob to open the doors i get two beeps & two flashes of the indicators, btw it's a TOAD alarm system, anyway for the last three mornings i only get one beep & one flash of the indicators & i can't get in to the car, can't use the key in either door as i seem to have problems with the cylinders & can't get the key in quit enough to work them, am going to see if i can get two new cylinders this week, i had to get in through the tailgate this morning, stop laughing.  open the door from inside & for the rest of the day everything is fine,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wet into my yota dealership today to get two door lock cylinders, now iv'e been using this place for the last five years & even though mine's an import the chaps have bent over backwards to help, anyway today new staff !!, import you say, can't help mate was the reply, after some pushing he reluctantly had a look on his screen & came up with you can only get a complete lockset £208.90 + vat & it has to come from japan 14 days.
So anyone happen to have a divers door cylinder & key?

Also ordered a new drivers door window rubber, £75 be in wednesday so we'll see if that helps the glass actually go down & up.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get a 'proper' locksmith (not Timkins  Twisted Evil ) to remove and refurb your existing locks?  Probably cheaper in the long-run - they can probably do it on site for you too ...
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm   food for thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: