Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Land Cruiser 200 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 20:01    Post subject: Land Cruiser 200 series Reply with quote

How come we dont have a section for the 200 series LC??  Does anyone here have one and what do you think of it?  I dont like the rear end as much, but the interior looks stunning.  It doesnt look like it will have the decent approach and departure angle of the current 100 series too.

Does anyone know if it still has the air suspension (and can be raised for offroading) and the ability to lock and unlock the centre and rear differential??  If someone tells me it has a front one too, I may just have to go and buy one tomorrow!!!  Does it also have the adjustabe shocks??

I would like to know some more about them from someone who has one and also some good pics of one being used properly offroad would be nice.

Adam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 20:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

leon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be its so new no one well not menny people are workign on them there self's and also may not be keen on taking there £60,000 off road  Razz
Also if a 200 owner was to ask help (voiding his waranty on his very expensive car ) i dont know of any one that has worked on one at the weekend's (voiding there warrenty etc etc )

that said from what i can see there just a 100 with some new toy's .The 200 take's over form the amazon flag ship 100 LC

but here  Razz  

2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile

Last edited by leon on Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:09; edited 1 time in total
leon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Toyota Land Cruiser is the most popular
armored off-road vehicle worldwide with the
best dealer network. It is also available in a
luxury version based on the Lexus LX570. The
armored Land Cruiser 200 or Lexus LX570
comes complete with reinforced suspension
and brakes which make the road performance
of this vehicle very comfortable. Protection
levels can vary from handgun to armor
piercing and blast depending on customer
requirements. This protection includes
four doors, all glass, front , center, and rear
pillars, roof, firewall, front and rear headers,
and tailgate. The floor is protected against
two DM51 grenades or two M67 grenades,
detonated simultaneously. The body, frame,
axles, brakes, suspension, and door hinges
are reinforced or replaced in order to maintain
the original driving characteristics and
reliability of the vehicle.

The floor is protected against two DM51 grenades or two M67 grenades for those dudly do good's that dont like greenlander's  Razz

Quote:
The all new Toyota LandCruiser LC200 has finally arrived. And it means business. It’s tougher on the outside, bigger on the inside, more powerful and less thirsty. It’s also a lot more intelligent, with a host of advanced off-road features. No surprises then that it’s being heralded as ‘The Earth’s Greatest 4WD’.
Landcruiser 200 Features:

• 4.5L V8 Twin Turbo Diesel
• 195kW of power/650 Nm Torque (Twin Turbo Diesel)
• Full time 4WD
• Downhill Assist Control (DAC)
• Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
• Active Traction Control (ATRC)
• Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
• Multi-terrain ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
• In-dash 6 CD with 6-speaker audio with audio input jack (EMV Navigation plus 6 DVD )
• Bluetooth™ capability
• GXL 6 airbags
• Dual zone front climate control air conditioning with pollen filter
• Smart Start and Smart Entry
• Alloy wheels with 285/65 R17 Dunlop tyres

Quote:
Toyota has standardised certain features across all versions of the new Land Cruiser. These include the 'crawl control' system, which automatically controls the engine and brakes to maintain a low speed on rocks, sand or steep hills, a new Torsen limited slip differential as part of the vehicle's permanent all-wheel drive system, ABS and hill-start assist control, which reduces vehicle roll-back.

The new Land Cruiser also comes with KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System), a hydraulic system which controls the stabiliser bars for improved off-road and on-road driving.

MAIN Toyota dealer's list it as having AHC dont know if its the same as the 100's but it seem's to me to be a new 100 with bit's added
2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, no mention of locking diffs.....not good, especially if the traction system stops working properly due to *beep* getting in the sensors (if it works on the same system as the ABS).  Its much better to have locking diffs and in most tests, they are more effective than traction control and as an added bonus dont wear the brake pads out offroad, particularly in mud and sand, which is why I believe the 100 series switches off the traction system when the diffs are locked.  I would be surprised if they drop the locking diffs, as this would be a cheeky and cheap way of saving money and for such as expensive car, I would expect them as standard, as you get locking diffs, adjustable height air suspension and adjustable shocks on the rest of the prestige vehicles such as the Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover etc.

It doesn't mention the air suspension set up or the adjustable shocks either.  I have had a look at virtually all the vids on You Tube and non of them show the locking diffs, raising air suspension or the adjustable shocks.  I have to admit, but these features (apart from build quality) are the reason I went for a LC 100 as opposed to a Range Rover.  If these features are not present on the new one, I certainly wont be upgrading to one and will be heading back to a Range Rover when I change as I expect a lot more for my money that just bl***y traction control that you can get on a 2WD run of the mill hatchback.

I will have to keep looking to see what comes out of any more info.....

Adam
leon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched a you tube on a new LC it had 27" of movment per wheel and seemed to do fine off road see if i can find it

ok found it its amazing

Link

owns a landrover that said the new defender has no LSD (locking diff's ) its all done by a ECU i beleave seem;s with moden 4x4's a locking diff is no avantage any more ?
2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile
regthing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

leon wrote:
owns a landrover that said the new defender has no LSD (locking diff's ) its all done by a ECU i beleave seem;s with moden 4x4's a locking diff is no avantage any more ?

Strikes me as taking the fun out of it!
gilghana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam wrote:
Hmm, no mention of locking diffs.....not good, especially if the traction system stops working properly due to *beep* getting in the sensors (if it works on the same system as the ABS).  Its much better to have locking diffs and in most tests, they are more effective than traction control and as an added bonus dont wear the brake pads out offroad, particularly in mud and sand, which is why I believe the 100 series switches off the traction system when the diffs are locked.  I would be surprised if they drop the locking diffs, as this would be a cheeky and cheap way of saving money and for such as expensive car, I would expect them as standard, as you get locking diffs, adjustable height air suspension and adjustable shocks on the rest of the prestige vehicles such as the Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover etc.

It doesn't mention the air suspension set up or the adjustable shocks either.  I have had a look at virtually all the vids on You Tube and non of them show the locking diffs, raising air suspension or the adjustable shocks.  I have to admit, but these features (apart from build quality) are the reason I went for a LC 100 as opposed to a Range Rover.  If these features are not present on the new one, I certainly wont be upgrading to one and will be heading back to a Range Rover when I change as I expect a lot more for my money that just bl***y traction control that you can get on a 2WD run of the mill hatchback.

I will have to keep looking to see what comes out of any more info.....

Adam

Not trying to be funny - but why not just pop into your local dealer and ask?
I have driven a few and been very very impressed (these were African spec and they did not have locking axle diffs).  They are not a 100 series with a few bits added - it is a far different more substantial evolution than say the 60 series to 80 series.  They have been working on it for probably almost 10 years!
But, here I have to add my HO (as in IMHO).  If you can afford to drop the cash needed for a 200 series and it doesn't have say a front locker (a la 100 series), then you can also afford an ARB Wink Far more credibility here (it is a TLC form after all) to have a 200 series with a few mods (and scratches  Laughing ) than a RR.  

The defender has never had a factory option of locking diffs (other than the CDL).  The traction control system is very impressive, but for me there is no substitute for a physically locked axle.

All my 2p worth etc  Very Happy
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam
just a quick correction the 100 series does not have air suspension !

Radiotwo
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Various 200s available - the UK ones are not up to the job, IMHO - just a good tow car.  On the other hand, the NATO spec ones (the ones that get armoured) are a different beast.  Also de-tuned for rubbish diesel.  The Aussies get a lower-spec vehicle with coils and shocks, IIRC, but with ATRAC (new version) and a new version of TEMS (forget what it's called - will look it up).  I really wouldn't want to take that deep into the desert - I've got all that on my 120, and can't wait to take it off, and to add to the ATRAC II with decent lockers front and rear.

But then I might as well buy a fully-locked 80 series and do that up, and flog the 120 (starting to think this is the answer, actually).

Keyless entry on  the 200 is also a concern  Wink   can you imagine - miles from anywhere, and the car batteries are flat - no entry to vehicle other than damaging something  Crying or Very sad

I'm aware of a couple of SA 200 owners who are deadly unhappy, and have heard lots of painful stories from Aussie, so they're under-impressed too it seems.

Key specs on the UK one:

The world first 4-Wheel Active Height Control and Adaptive Variable Suspension (4W AHC & AVS), which links all four wheels’ suspension system for the first time and also provides a new spring rate control system
A newly developed centre Torsen® Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
Hill-start Assist Control
Downhill Assist Control

Although diff locks are specified as well  Shocked :

Transmission

Vehicle Stability control (VSC)
Traction control (TRC)
Differential locks
4 WD
6 speed automatic

But if I had the money, I'd import a RHD NATO version from here:

Toyota Gibraltar and go for the GX spec diesel  Wink  Laughing  or maybe even the one with the bench seats for the third row.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little bit I've read about them it sounds like even 33's are a struggle to make room for, maybe I've misread that, hope so  Crying or Very sad

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Frank Rabbets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re; You Tube vid. Pathetic! Those guys have never left their cradles. My 1949 Land Rover would have easily coped with those conditions. How easily impressed they were .

Frank
DaveN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they've fitted the correct spec washers under the injectors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: