4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Insurance question for Oz import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GB2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 0:50    Post subject: Insurance question for Oz import Reply with quote

Looking at importing my Lancruiser Prado 4.0L Grande from Australia.  

Does anyone know or can reccomend a good vehicle insurer who will insure on the vehicle VIN number until such time as I get it through the UK compliance test and get new registration plates.

Also been reading some of the forum replies on off-road insurance, could someone explain the terms being used 'green lanes' as I have never insured a vehicle for off-road use in teh UK.  Here in Australia, off road is the every day norm and the insurers incourage you to go off road to fully appreciate your vehicle, that is if your vehicle is built for it.

Will look out for some helpful replies.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 0:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TobyJug

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52    Post subject: Re: Insurance Reply with quote

GB2010 wrote:
Looking at importing my Lancruiser Prado 4.0L Grande from Australia.  

Does anyone know or can reccomend a good vehicle insurer who will insure on the vehicle VIN number until such time as I get it through the UK compliance test and get new registration plates.

Also been reading some of the forum replies on off-road insurance, could someone explain the terms being used 'green lanes' as I have never insured a vehicle for off-road use in teh UK.  Here in Australia, off road is the every day norm and the insurers incourage you to go off road to fully appreciate your vehicle, that is if your vehicle is built for it.

Will look out for some helpful replies.

Try NFU Mutual they are a good insurer.. Not the cheapest but very good.

"Green Lanes" in the UK are unsurfaced roads but still classed as public roads so no off-road cover is needed for them really. Off-road cover however is needed on "quarry's" and off-road sites.

Just come around to some green lane trip once I am sure you will enjoy it..
Where abouts in the UK are you going to be?

here are some pictures..

http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo149/TobyJug-Surf/River%20Deep%20Mountain%20High%202008/

It is very different from Australia and you insurers here don't understand the purpose of the vehicle very well haha
(I lived in Australia for a few years)

Anyway good luck..

any why on earth did you come here.. Razz
TobyJug

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way..

welcome to the forum..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: